Couple of pictures!

Brilliant! Well done you!! And you do look great!
Lynne
x

Looking good LJ xx

Thanks peeps! The running has been great, it's really helped me keep the lbs off. It's funny, my weight has bubbled along a bit (though I haven't weighed myself in *ages* :eek:) but my jeans are feeling looser these days, so I must be still losing a bit of fat, which is the aim of the game :D

Correction: I just jumped on the Wii and it seems I've lost a pound over the last three weeks. So I'm still not putting anything back on, happy days :D

you look fantastic, great job :)

Looking very very fit Mr Jim!!!

What's more, thank you for inspiring us to become more active and embrace the change xxx

Thank you for sharing x

Looking very very fit Mr Jim!!!

What's more, thank you for inspiring us to become more active and embrace the change xxx

Thank you for sharing x

Looking good yourself!

The inspiration works both ways, I'd never have got here without you nice Minimins people! :D

You all must have motivated me today, because I went and ran 5 miles in 44:10 a couple of hours ago, a PB :D

Look at you Mr! Ran 5 miles as a matter of fact today already!!! (sigh) what a hard life!!! It must feel so GOOD!

I could never understand why would people run without being chased after lol

But now I am slowly getting hooked on this amazing endorphine rush and there is ever growing possibility that I might become someone who actualy enjoys being active! Fingers crossed I will be able to push myself enough to do a race in June...

Look at you Mr! Ran 5 miles as a matter of fact today already!!! (sigh) what a hard life!!! It must feel so GOOD!

I could never understand why would people run without being chased after lol

But now I am slowly getting hooked on this amazing endorphine rush and there is ever growing possibility that I might become someone who actualy enjoys being active! Fingers crossed I will be able to push myself enough to do a race in June...

Ha I know what you mean, I'd see people out running in the rain and think 'what dickheads', as I drove past them, sat on my oversized arse...

Well done on the PB, better you never thought at the beginning of your weight loss journey that you'd be running 5 miles in those times? And yet here you are, setting PB's and getting looser clothes still. Am pleased for you and who knows, I might see you running out and about one day! x

Well done on the PB, better you never thought at the beginning of your weight loss journey that you'd be running 5 miles in those times? And yet here you are, setting PB's and getting looser clothes still. Am pleased for you and who knows, I might see you running out and about one day! x

Thanks Obsy!

I still remember thinking, back in June last year, that I'd never last more than a couple of weeks because I'm such a foody, but with Rachel doing it at the same time I had no easy excuse to slack off, so it didn't happen (apart from a couple of times, as you do...). Plus, with me being so active on here at the time I didn't want to let my Minimins friends down either :D

That said, I ate half a bag of cherry lips this evening! Good job that 5 miler used up 833 calories, according to my handy running gadget! :eek:

5 miles is good going, I haven't attempted over 4 yet!

5 miles is good going, I haven't attempted over 4 yet!

I only started 5 miles about a month ago. Just build up a little at a time I'm on to 5.6 miles on my longer run but I need to work up to 6.2 miles as I have a 10k race on 9th May. And I having (TMI...) the 'big V' on 9th April :eek: which will mean a 2-3 week break from training, and then a slow build-up, so that 10k will be a slow one.

You'll get up to 5 miles no problem; just build up a little at a time. :)

I'm researching this subject as I really do want to start running but I have no condition nor resilence to be able to run for long.
I was wondering what technique did you use at the beginning and, sorry to ask you such a daft question, but I don't know how do you calculate your distance? I live close to the park and I can potentialy go out and run/walk/run/walk for a while - just don't know what's distance I'm doing unless I'm in a gym...and with a spring coming I don't really want to sign up to a gym atm.
Many thanks x

I'm researching this subject as I really do want to start running but I have no condition nor resilence to be able to run for long.
I was wondering what technique did you use at the beginning and, sorry to ask you such a daft question, but I don't know how do you calculate your distance? I live close to the park and I can potentialy go out and run/walk/run/walk for a while - just don't know what's distance I'm doing unless I'm in a gym...and with a spring coming I don't really want to sign up to a gym atm.
Many thanks x

I use one of these for figuring out how far I've run:

https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?pID=348

But you can get iPhone apps etc. that do the same thing.

When I'm planning a new route I use this to work out how far it is:

Bike Route Toaster

It is more for bikes but if you switch off the automatic routing then you can map it around e.g. park paths etc., just switch it onto satellite view instead of map view if the paths aren't on the map.

As far as starting out went, I did this:

Plotted a 1 mile route and split it up into four 1/4 mile sections. I then walked (brisk pace) the first section, ran (slowly) the second, walked the third and then ran the fourth. As the days passed I shortened the walks and lengthened the runs until I could run the entire mile without walking. I then built up from there.

I use this forum, they have a good beginners guide, you'll see me on there as abo999:

Runners Forum - UK Running Forum

A lot of people follow this method too:

Couch to 5k - C25K Running Program

And, once you've got a bit of distance in your legs, a lot of towns do a free, timed run on a Saturday morning which are aimmed at people of all abilities. It is fun to have a run with a few people around you:

parkrun

Hi Hun, Your doing fab with all this running well done you, I would love to get into running but I am so rubbish at motivating myself I had a personal trainer who could get me to run on the treadmill for a short time but he was 1. good looking and 2. really good at pushing me but when I tried on my own I would give up when it got to hard. I was 17st at the time maybe now I am lighter it might be easier.

Well keep it up I love your posts and have missed your male point of view xx

Back