Couple of the Year

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by petal1978, 4 February 2011 Social URL.

1. petal1978

petal1978 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.3%)
    Diet:
    SLIMMING WORLD
    i have been chosen to be my groups couple of the year and i wondered what this entails as apart from getting a sash not sure what i am to do?:confused::confused::confused:

Mini likes this.
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Mini

Mini Administrator Staff Member

Start Weight:
    18st0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.33%)
    Sorry I can't help with information but just wanted to say congratulations and well done:happy096:

4. Mrsbrogden22

Mrsbrogden22 Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st6lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2.5lb(12.37%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi we had couple of the year on tues and you don't have t do n e thing! People who go to group vote for their couple of the year n the one with most votes wins! Simples! At ours there was only one couple so they automatically won it! Sash, flowers, wine and a framed certificate!

Mini likes this.
  5. Laddiesboy

Laddiesboy I ♥ Slimming World :)

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st12lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(29.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    All the SWCs send in their nominations for Couple of the Year to Head Office ... from that a number of couples are then invited up to Head Office in Derby first weekend in March. Travel up on the Saturday, dinner and bed paid for, the Sunday you weigh in , check heights, etc. Then they sit in groups and choose a few of the couples to be in the final. The final is then held same day and the winner announced then and there.

The winner then goes up to Birmingham in November for a proper prizegiving ceremony complete with a celebrity. Think it was Vernon Kay last year.

Good luck :)

Mini likes this.
  6. petal1978

petal1978 Full Member

Start Weight:
    19st7lb
    Current Weight:
    18st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(3.3%)
    Diet:
    SLIMMING WORLD
    thank you for your help :D:D:D:D

7. Chrissyan

Chrissyan New Member

Start Weight:
    11st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8.5lb(22.46%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Us too!

we have been chosen to go to Slimming World head office this Sunday for the couples finals along with 26 other couples. We are going with our consultant in her car, it's about a 2- 2½ drive so we are leaving at 7.30 am!

We have had to get big unflattering photos of ourselves printed :eek: to go on our board. Last years winners lost 15 stone between them, we have lost 8 stone 9lbs, so I doubt if we will get anywhere (just as well I don't fancy all that publicity:eek:) However it should be an interesting day. :D

8. IanH

IanH Silver Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10.5lb
    Lost(%):
    15st11.5lb(57.31%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World (but it ain't a diet)
    Chrissyann - congratulations on getting to go to head office - it's an awe-inspiring experience (I was up there last July for Man of the Year).

You will have a fantastic day - and hear so many inspiring stories (and the food is wonderful).

Just enjoy the day, try not to be nervous (think of it as a large Image Therapy session), and have a wonderful time.

(oh - take a few spare tissues - it's hard not to get overwhelmed by hearing everyone's journies)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.