Couscous cake......syns?

Elfdaughter

Hi guys. I've been browsing a lot of the old threads on couscous cake, and I'm still somewhat confused about what the official line is about syning the couscous. I know you have to syn it if you grind it and use it as flour, and I THINK you have to syn it if you use it as directed but use it for something like a couscous cake. I came upon this recipie that claimed to be free, but I think that was before the new rules. Can someone tell me if it is free or synned, and if synned, how much would it be? I'm posting the whole recipe in case someone else wants to try it.

200g Plain Couscous

4 Eggs

25g Sweetener

2 Vanilla Muller Lights

1½ Large Banana ( must be sliced not mashed or will be Syns)

Directions:

1. Place the Couscous in dish and cover with boiling water (leave for 10 minutes)

2. Mix eggs and sweetener together and add the Muller lights + (2 tsp mixed spice (brown) if like)

3. Rake through Couscous with fork to break up, and add to mix a bit at a time stirring into mixture

4. Add the Banana and stir into the mixture (or fruit of your choice)

5. Add mixture to baking dish. I have used a Silicone dish no need to line with baking paper. - If you have not got a Silicone dish then - Line a dish/tin with baking paper and add mixture to tin

6. I have used a 900Watt microwave with a convection oven - bake in convection oven at 200 degrees for 35 minutes. Or if using an ordinary oven - Bake in oven at gas mark5 / 200 degrees for approx 30-40 minutes

7. Take out and let cool down for 10 minutes then remove from dish

8. Slice up serve warm or cold - keep in fridge and microwave if you like it hot

9. Will keep a up to 5 days in the fridge (but do not think you have any left after one day - yum yum)

Hi guys. I've been browsing a lot of the old threads on couscous cake, and I'm still somewhat confused about what the official line is about syning the couscous. I know you have to syn it if you grind it and use it as flour, and I THINK you have to syn it if you use it as directed but use it for something like a couscous cake. I came upon this recipie that claimed to be free, but I think that was before the new rules. Can someone tell me if it is free or synned, and if synned, how much would it be? I'm posting the whole recipe in case someone else wants to try it.

200g Plain Couscous

4 Eggs

25g Sweetener

2 Vanilla Muller Lights

1½ Large Banana ( must be sliced not mashed or will be Syns)

Directions:

1. Place the Couscous in dish and cover with boiling water (leave for 10 minutes)

2. Mix eggs and sweetener together and add the Muller lights + (2 tsp mixed spice (brown) if like)

3. Rake through Couscous with fork to break up, and add to mix a bit at a time stirring into mixture

4. Add the Banana and stir into the mixture (or fruit of your choice)

5. Add mixture to baking dish. I have used a Silicone dish no need to line with baking paper. - If you have not got a Silicone dish then - Line a dish/tin with baking paper and add mixture to tin

6. I have used a 900Watt microwave with a convection oven - bake in convection oven at 200 degrees for 35 minutes. Or if using an ordinary oven - Bake in oven at gas mark5 / 200 degrees for approx 30-40 minutes

7. Take out and let cool down for 10 minutes then remove from dish

8. Slice up serve warm or cold - keep in fridge and microwave if you like it hot

9. Will keep a up to 5 days in the fridge (but do not think you have any left after one day - yum yum)

Not sure about the cous cous but you would need to syn the banana as even though it is sliced not mashed, you are cooking it which will break down the sugars!! Sorry.......

Back