Couscous

Chesh

hi guys can anyone tell me if there are any syne free cous cous cous out there .. i shop at tesco and morrisons mostly .. thank you for any help in advance :wave_cry:

Hi! Plain cous cous is syn free on green and EE. The packets of flavoured cous cous usually have a small syn value. If you do a search on Ainsley Harriott you should find the information as this comes up quite a lot. Oh, and for future reference if you have any questions about syn values can you post them in the syn values sub-forum at the top of the main page :)

Ainsley Harriot's spicy cous cous is ½ a syn a pkt and it is really nice.

hi chesh

ive just roasted a red pepper and filled it with ainsley harriot spice sensation cous cous. yummy! the cous cous is half a sin for the whole packet! the different flavours have different syn values. x

EEH YES IT IS. the prepared weight of the whole pack is 260g so the whole pack is one n a half! good job i only ate half as ive used todays syns yesterday! thanks circes:D

Morrisons sell their own brand Cous Cous, it is dry and should be free on green days, depending how it's cooked. I normally dissolve a vegetable stock cube in some boiling water and pour it over then cover with clingfilm and leave to absorb before fluffing up with a fork. It's very versatile (can be used for stuffed peppers, aubergine etc) The flavoured ones do have syns x

Aldis Amazing grain couscous
Soy/sesame /ginger
Green Thai
Hot and spicy
Mediterranean Tomato

All listed as free on green/EE in the 2009 branded free foods directory.

Plain cous cous is free. It is also cheaper - much cheaper - than flavoured varieties.

Sainsbury's own brand cous cous is £1.22 per kilo; they sell Ainsley Harriott packets which work out at £5.90 per kilo!

Back