craving comfort food, mac and cheese recipe anyone?

sarah.w

Hey everyone,

I really fancy some yummy mac and cheese for dinner tonight, does anyone have any good recipes? would really appreciate it, thanks!! :D

sarah.w said:
Hey everyone,

I really fancy some yummy mac and cheese for dinner tonight, does anyone have any good recipes? would really appreciate it, thanks!! :D

Roasted Tomato Macaroni Cheese
Propoint Value 10
Serves 4

Ingredients
350g cherry tomatoes
Calorie controlled cooking spray
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
Half teaspoon caster sugar
250g dried whole wheat pasta
40g cornflour
1bay leaf
450ml skimmed milk
40g half fat cheddar cheese
Half teaspoon dijon mustard
15g fresh breadcrumbc

Instructions
1. Preheat oven gas mark 6/200c. Place cherry tomatoes in a baking dish and spray with cooking spray. Add thyme nd sugar nd toss around to coat. Roast in the oven for 12-15 mins until skina start to split.
2. Bring a saucepan of water to the boil. Add pasta and return to boil. Cook for 10mins or until tender.
3. Make cheese sauce, blend cornflour with a little bit of milk in a non-stick pan stirring until smooth. Simmer for 2mins then remove from the heat nd stir in the cheddar cheese, 25g parmesan and dijon mustard. Remove the bay leaf.
4. Drain the pasta nd mux the cheese sauce and put into the baking dish ontop of the tomatoes. Mix together.
5. Stir the breadcrumbs nd the rest of the Parmesan cheese together in a small bowl then sprinkle on the top of the macaroni cheese.
6. Bake in the oven for 20mins until crisp, golden brown and bubbling.

i ended up having soup but ill deffo try this out tomorow!! thanks =D

i tried the recipe out and it was soooo yummm!!! i was tempted to have a second serving hehe...thanks!! :)

Hey, I'm a bit late to the macaroni party, but I made one from skinnytaste.com a while back, which was delicious and was 7PP for 1 cup. I don't know what it was in grams. I had it with homemade chicken nuggets so one cup was enough for me.
It was great though, really nice and creamy. There's loads of yum recipes on that website, well worth a look.

Back