Creeping back quietly.....

mollydog

Silver Member
......but fairly confidently.

I've had a greedy summer. As I work in a school i had almost 7 weeks holiday. We're not going away til October so have not really done much. My OH works nightshift so the days are quite long as he is sleeping.
Anyway to cut a long and boring story, i've slipped into my old habits and i'm drinking too much wine and eating far too much 'rubbish'.
How many times do we read on each others posts that we are so disappointed with ourselves and we cant believe we've done it to ourselves.
I've got a weeks supply of CD in the house from earlier this year that is still in date so today i am starting again. If i can get a good start, I'll get in touch with my CDC and join up again. I'm fed up eating just for the sake of it. My housework is slipping, i'm always tired and i've had enough.
Its not so bad, i've put on a stone but i never made it to target (doubt i ever will) but i would like to get 21lbs off. If i cant do it by mid October then definately for Christmas.
Good to be back, just hope i can stick with it.

Welcome back. You CAN do it!

Thank you. I think the biggest thing is that I have practically no clothes left to wear. Everything that fitted so nicely only a few weeks ago is either cutting me in two, the ends dont meet at all or looks ridiculous cos its stretched to within an inch of its life!
I am absolutely not buying anymore clothes. I've a wardrobe full of size 12 that i was so pleased with myself for getting in to.
x

Molly, have been struggling myself for much of the summer... need to stop making the same mistakes over & over and get on with the rest of my life. Big hugs... you can do it, and I can too. Let's go for it!

xxx

you both can do it! Welcome back, its a huge step to make, especially when you know what is ahead, but you also know how effective it is and worth it when you can get into those lovely clothes.
I was exactly the same, just eating for eating's sake, emotional eating it a harm thing to address, but it can be done, one step/day/hour at a time!
You will get back into those size 12's and will be so proud of yourself x

You can do it ladies!!!!!! You KNOW you can x x

Hey Molly, you can loose that 21lbs and look fabulous after its done
x x

Hey Mollydog,

Feel exactly the same, need to get my head sorted and my over eating, seems like a few of us are in the same boat..

Much love,

you WILL all get back on track!!!
Those size 12's are calling!!!!:D

Come on, we're all stronger than food!!!

xx

Lovely to see you. I also had the summer off fulltime work....our routine just changes so much but now you're back at work you'll do really well. Print off the first post you made opening this thread and put it somewhere you can see it to remind you of why you want to start CD again :)

Good luck hun, hope your first week goes well. If it were me I would call your CDC today, tell her you're getting started and book your slot with her to keep you motivated all week. Keep posting.

Hugs xxx

Good luck!

Im on the same boat, need to get back no want to get back into the swing of it, on 1000 now but considering moving to a higher plan and adding exercise to help lift my mood and my thinking is that if Im 'allowed' more food I'll not fall off the wagon so severly- tried getting back on track with SS but big mistake (for me) what are you starting back on? seen the sticky on the CD restarters bit, its a gradual step down process to get back into SS/SS+.

Thank you all so much for your comments. I've had a brick for breakfast, a leek and potato soup (yeuch!) for lunch and i've just had a baked potato with salad for tea. Wanted to SS from the start but it is unrealistic that i will stick to it so i will try to ease my way back. I've no wine and no nibbles in the house so all i can have tonight is water, diet coke or coffee.
Maybe my resolve will get stronger over the next few days but we'll see.
Thank you all so much and good luck to you all.
Mx

of course you can get to goal,mum has always told me there's no such word as can't lol

Hey mollydog welcome back, I'm in the same boat as you, work in a school, been off all summer and like you slipped into old eating habits picking etc, never stopped cd, but didn't do it properly either, just picked and picked at rubbish, keep promising myself I will get back on track, and keep failing, not really put on any weight, but not lost any either, I need to get back into the swing of cd and finally get to goal.

Goodness Trisha, i could have typed that at this time last year!!!
I'm really so disappointed at myself for putting on weight. I know why i do it - OH working nights, the days are shorter and the nights are lengthening - I'm bored. I've been tidying out cupboards and i've discovered my knitting pins (I'm not that old but knitting is coming back!) I really enjoy card making so its time to keep my brain and hands busy by being creative. I've found a knitting utensil called a loopa to make wonderful scarves so i can make a fabbie scarf that everyone admires in only half an hour. If you are interested i'll give you the details as they are very effective and you absolutely DO NOT need to be able to knit!
Thanks for all your support.
Mx

:cry:Didnt just fall off the wagon last night i took a bl**dy great leap! I had about 4 glasses of wine, i ate chocolate :17729:, crisps, cheese and crackers. Have woken up feeling rubbish. Its 4 weeks on Sunday til i go to Eurodisney and i've nothing to wear. I'm going to call my CDC and get back on it until I go away. A stone off will make a huge difference.
Have a good day.
Mx

Hug for Molly. You CAN do this hon.

xxx

Hi mollydog

I have had so many false starts and incredibly spectacular falls from grace. In fact it took me from May to August to finally commit to CD - now I have done nearly 7 weeks and I feel like a different person (and yesterday another colleague noticed that I am starting to look slimmer).
Don't feel like a failure because you are not; take a deep breath and start again. On my first few days this time around I used to look at the inspirations slideshow when I didn't think I could get through the hunger.
Best wishes x

Back