Crochet crochet crochet... Love it!

I'll have a browse tomorrow :D

Do you need to use a certain type of yarn because the one I bought from a shop before I found it went quite fluffy and tight looking compared to what I had with my magazine if that makes sense?

xxx

Amigurumi said:
Thats brilliant! Love your bears. I love amigurumi. Make up my own little patterns as I go too. I knit and other stuff too but crochet is my fav! Where did you get the base pattern for your bears? And for the little dresses your pink bears were wearing how did you plan the fit?

I made made my own pattern for the bears as i didnt really like th firstvpattern i tried.. All of the clothes i make i just measure and adjust as i go.. I dont think ive ever made the same design twice lol

Ive done a pattern before that took 3-4 different size hooks for all the bits and pieces of the design but it was well worth it lol..

hi all

love crochet , been doing it since school. love ravelry, attic24, knitknatknot, lemon de sucrette blogs. what's everyone making at the moment? any good projects? just finishing bernat circular cardigan and moving onto maybe attic 24 bower bird.

keep on hooking!

M

I'm just learning to crochet. Can't knit to save my life but i seem to be ok at this. Only problem i'm having is keeping my tension right. I'm sure it'll come with practice though.

Ah yes tension is tricky. Sometimes people just hold the thread tighter than other and crochet smaller but you can just use a different hook!! Crochet is miles better than knitting- in knitting you have to fit your work on one needle. In crochet you can make a rug as big as a field. Great patterns and inspiration on ravelry

I really want to learn how to knit, my nanna has said she has some bits I can have next time I go round and we have time to sort them out, needles ect. but she's not sure how much she has as she hasn't knitted for ages because of her arthritis.

Is it easy enough to teach yourself how to knit with online tutorials ect?

For deity's sake, i'm trying again and right now my piece is about 2 inches long at the edges and about an inch wide in the middle >_< i so do not have this yet.

Any tips? :(

Mmm well I've had a look at the pattern. All I can think is to make sure that after each sc into each space you are definitely doing a chain every time and as per row 3 instructions you are doing your final sc into the very end stitch that doesn't look like a stitch which is the turning chain you did at the end of the previous rows and doing the first sc into the very first gap.

I've been crocheting for years and I get this sometimes too and have to use a bit of jiggery pokery to get it to work - sometimes patterns aren't right but if in doubt read it many times as often I think I know what they're saying but if I re read it I suddenly see the mean something different.

Have a look at a similar pattern too. Ravelry has lots- put in baby blanket or granny row or granny stripe blanket into the search ...

Good luck put up a pic when it's done!!

I taught myself to crouched using u tube because I wanted to make a blanket for when my grandson was born I love it he now has blankets of every color and he loves them

Hooray! Yarn craft! I knit and crochet, but I love how quick crochet grows! There are some really cute tops and accessories you can make with granny squares too, would love love love to hook them on! Just need the yarn and time, really :p

I hate to say it, but I'm also a bit of a sucker for amigurami... yeah, I said it, don't judge me ;)

Bron :)

Back