Cruel April Fool Joke played on GMTV

sun

Gold Member
apologies if this has been discussed already today.

GMTV - Slimming with So-tox

there are many forums by angry and upset people looking for a quick solution to lose weight quickly, and this miraculous product called
so-tox!

check it out see what you think and add your opinion.

I knew straight away the girl was in a body suit, bad for a popular programme like GMTV (LK today) to go through with this.

sun x

That's awful. I didn't watch the whole thing. I'd've expected better from Lorraine Kelly though, she's struggled with her weight too.

omg.. thats so cruel..! the girl looks like shes acting.. but lorraine kelly et al are being deadly serious.. theres a joke.. and then theres just crossing the line..
i just saw on the internet like people were proper searching for it in hope that it would help them.. so cruel..

x x

Click the contact us part on the website and you can let them know what you think. I have.

hehe.. i just did it.. lol.. i just feel so sorry for the people who have got their hopes up and pure being searching the internet..
we all know what its like to want to resort to drastic measures to loose out excess.. and i think it was taken too far..

x x

As I've already posted on the LL forum, it was so unbelievable I can't believe anyone was taken in. Much ado about nothing.

Well if ur sucked in by wearing a pair of socks to bed at night to lose weight me thinks there are other more serious issues to be addressed! Its totally unbelievable

Well if ur sucked in by wearing a pair of socks to bed at night to lose weight me thinks there are other more serious issues to be addressed! Its totally unbelievable

Maybe but it still doesn't give them the right to take the mickey out of people trying to lose weight. That is called bullying.

I didnt actually watch the show, I was surfing around this morning and came across some forums and read about it and realised there were a lot of people who were upset and angry, you only have to see how fake the padding is, but I do agree people were taken in by it, and I do think it was in bad taste and detremental to people with a weight problem

I wouldn't argue that it was in bad taste but if anyone really was hanging their weight loss dreams on a pair of socks there is something seriously wrong... I think anyways!!

i cant believe she would play along with this, its just so cruel ashley xx

sorry but
a) it's April 1st
b) do you REALLY belive someone could lose 9st in 6 weeks :eek:
c) she is obviously wearing a fatsuit, her face just looks too small in comparason to her "body"
xx

no, its hard to believe people did fall for it, but the issue is that it is detremental to overweight people irrespective thats its April fools

I totally agree, I cant believe anyone would believe that on any day of the year let alone April Fools.

I have to say I agree with that too!

Back