CWP Advice

BumbleBee90

Hey everyone :)

I very briefly, half heartedly did CWP last year. I couldn’t even stick to it for two weeks...

I’m thinking of giving it another go. I get married next Sept and I’m desperate to not hate my wedding photos. However before I commit, I want to make sure I’m making the right choice. I joined a local slimming world group a few weeks ago however I find myself “stretching” my syns and always cheating, plus it’s a pain the a*se always having to prep food. I have a few questions I’m wondering if any of you lovely people can help?

Firstly... I really do not like salad. This is what puts me off, they encourage salads for lunch on some steps but I just cannot eat it without being sick. Are there any alternatives, such as chicken and veg (I know this is an option for the evening meal, too). I don’t like broccoli/cauliflower either... tastes like feet :eek:

Secondly... maintenance. I know maintenance is the hardest part of weight loss, I’d hate to lose all that weight to then put it back on. Are there any success stories? All I seem to hear is “I put it all on and then some”. Although I’m fully aware of habits aren’t changed weight will return regardless of the diet followed :mad:

Finally... how flexible is the plan? I work with a woman who follows CWP and she relaxes a bit at weekends. My partner works away during the week, weekdays won’t be an issue for me. But weekends, we love sitting down to a home cooked meal and catching up. Would my weighloss be affected if weekends were a bit more “relaxed”?

Thanks in advance :D

Hey Bumblebee,

Before I can dare to give my input, as I'm
No expert, what do you currently weigh? Where would you like to be? And most importantly how do you considerfood everyday? As fuel or an escape...?? If the latter then we have things to address xxx

Hey :)

I currently waeigh 14 st 10, the heaviest I’ve ever been. My weight really gets me down, my Mum was always ashamed of her weight and never talks about it and it’s rubbed off onto me. If my friends start talking about the latest diet or how much weight they’ve lost I freeze up, I feel so embarrassed. I won’t even let my partner see me naked anymore, which is affecting our relationship :(

I’m definately an emotional eater. Or any excuse to celebrate I turn to food. I lost 2.5lb on my first week at slimming world so i came home and treated myself to a large Dominoes pizza, a share bag of chocolate buttons and a bag of Doritos. I can’t believe I’ve just admitted that :oops:

I use to do that after SW or WW-don't do it on this diet tho!

I've no idea about maintenance as I am not there yet-but I do really like this diet in terms of the easiness of it

I use to do that after SW or WW-don't do it on this diet tho!

I've no idea about maintenance as I am not there yet-but I do really like this diet in terms of the easiness of it

Do you mean the celebratory binge for losing weight? It’s so ironic, isn’t it!

I don’t think I would on this diet. Weekdays would be easy for me, weekends I’d struggle when my partner is home (mainly for the evening meal), so was wondering if having a proper balanced/healthy home cooked meal maybe including foods that aren’t on the CWP list would affect my weightloss?

Yup the post weigh binge!

You can start the diet on different steps and if you started on one of the other steps you could have a meal.

I am by no means perfect on this diet (I've got a little boy and constantly nibble on his food) but I have lost nearly two stone since July.Would be more if I didn't cheat.

You could try it for a couple of weeks and see how you go?

Lol,

Yup, I've found if I don't think about it, I force myself not to think about it, I do ok, I've been having naughty cheats last couple of weeks, but back on track.

You do lose on this diet and where you are you can get to your goal. I started at 15:7 mid June, last weighin was Tuesday and 12:11, gain of 3 lbs from week before, urghh was birthday week. But down to 12:9.8 as off today..

I agree with LTL, try and see how you go, if you can manage a month you'll see a big change.

How do you feel? Do you feel ready?

xx

Hey BumbleBee,

Have you decided to give it a go?

It might be a good idea to start on step 2...then you would be able to enjoy any evening meal but should still yield good results.

Let me know how you get on.

xx

Back