DAILY VITAMINS BEFORE EXANTE

dezzie1082

EVERY NEW DAY IS A GIFT
Hi everyone,

just need a little advice on vitamins.....i am not on vlcd yet and i know that lots of them already include all your nutrition...vitamins and minerals.

This is what i currently take.....

Omega.3 fish oil...1000mg
Vitamin B complex with 500mg of vit C
Chromium Picolante...200mg
Multi Vitamin and mineral
CoEnzyme Q10...75mg
Aloe Vera Colax...colon cleanse tablet.

Do you think i could still take these on Exante?
Is anything not suitable?
Also if i start Exante i also want to add a good Hair and Nail supplement.

I know this post sounds a little crazy :psiholog: ...but after my last scare i will try anything to stave off ill health or hair loss...lol.

Shaz x

Exanter seems to have a good rage of vitamins in its stuff (thats why the bars taste a little strange
I haven't taken any extra vitamins
I thought the joints in my hands were suffering at first
but they've settled down now
I have been found to be a bit anaemic
but I feel fine

its entirely up to you

Thanks Magggie,

i would rather take them....was just worried about overdose and the colon one stops you being constipated as i already follow a high protein/gl/low carb diet.
The problem is i am still not losing any weight with this way of eating....so vlcd seems to be my last hope.

Have a fantastic weight losing day.:)

Shaz x

I haven't had a problem in that region
;D
(how come out messages go back to the same thing)

sometimes I skip a day
but as long as I have had enough water, I'm OK

good time of year to start
you are not getting dehydrated because of the weather

I buy the colon cleanse tablet from holland and Barrett if you suffer from....or to prevent constipation you are advised by other low carb/high protein diets to take psyllium husks in capsule form....two in the morning.

Also chromium supplement is supposed to build muscle...decrease body fat and lower cholesterol....also fantastic for people who have cravings for sweet stuff as it supports sugar metabolism in conjunction with calorie controlled diets....no good if the shakes are full of sweeteners though as you will still crave sweet things.

It is a shame that Exante no longer do counselors....maybe i will Email them to find out if supplements are compatible with vlcd.

Shaz x

I take a multi-vit but at the moment, i'm a 'regular' so thats sufficient for me

TBH, no-one here is suitably qualified to tell you whether you *should* take them or not.

The psyllium husk ones are not absorbed, so shouldn't affect anything as long as you don't wash them down with a shake/soup, or an hour or two either side of one. They use liquid to expand, and if the shake (which is containing a large proportion of your nutrients) is being locked up by the fibre, it's not available for your stomach to absorb so just passes straight through.

Wash it down with one of you many litres of water in between meals.

Don't see the rest would be a problem to anything other than your bank balance.

Thanks Miss D,

yes you are right about the bank balance bit.....but looks like Exante have a good deal at the moment.

Also getting a little excited in the fact that i have just convinced my sister to join me on the same diet.:family2:

This has really helped me make the decision to go for it again.....because my sis is a hairdresser and had to deal with my hair crisis last time.....she obviously thinks that we can get each other through the good and the bad.

SOOOOO excited:party0011: we can do this.

Start date sunday 14th march.

Thanks again Shaz x

Actually the bank balance reference was to supplements - not much in the way of peer-reviewed evidence to suggest that any of them do any good, most of them just get flushed right out of the system, and further evidence suggests that they may affect longevity, rather than increase it. The science says that despite the marketing machine, most supplements are a complete waste of money.

As much as I would like to believe in 'alternatives' and the suchlike, my sensible head just can't get past the evidence base (or lack thereof).

Anyway, I'm glad you've got real-life support and a diet buddy! spend the time getting into the right mindset, doing a bit of planning, shuffle the kitchen around if you need to, shift the temptations to the high shelf, and do whatever you need to do to make life easier for yourself. And have the headache tablets to hand, just in case :)

Actually the bank balance reference was to supplements - not much in the way of peer-reviewed evidence to suggest that any of them do any good, most of them just get flushed right out of the system, and further evidence suggests that they may affect longevity, rather than increase it. The science says that despite the marketing machine, most supplements are a complete waste of money.

As much as I would like to believe in 'alternatives' and the suchlike, my sensible head just can't get past the evidence base (or lack thereof).

Anyway, I'm glad you've got real-life support and a diet buddy! spend the time getting into the right mindset, doing a bit of planning, shuffle the kitchen around if you need to, shift the temptations to the high shelf, and do whatever you need to do to make life easier for yourself. And have the headache tablets to hand, just in case :)

Thanks hun,

i should be ok with the headaches as i am already in ketosis from the high protein/low carb diet that i am on....but not losing any weight.....praying it is not working because it is too high in calories.

Shaz x

Back