Dairy Free

bevhunter1986

Silver Member
Hi

I've recently become Dairy Free as I am now intollerant, yet I seem to keep putting on weight! grrrr.....I thought Dairy free might make weight loss easier, it appears not?

Does anyone else struggle? xx

Last edited:
It's not what you cut out of your diet that makes the difference, it's what you put in you mouth. So it's perfectly possible to cut out dairy or become a vegetarian and put on weight if you are still eating too much or the wrong type of foods.

the calcium in dairy products helps you loose weight as well as being healthy. Maybe you need to add more calcium in other food forms or take a suppliment.

I've not changed any food I eat on sw apart from dairy!

N I should imagine I must be doing something right beforehand as I've lost 1st 6lbs so far. X

Unless you have a specific dairy intolerance, then there is no benefit from cutting out such a major food group. You need the calcium, you need the fat.

Definitely agree there but I do have an intolerance now :( n its so annoyin as I can't have dairy or anything with lactose in. I love dairy too but my body rejects it sadly now. I probably should have said that in the beginning x

I know how annoying that is

I am lactose intollerent

My baby who i was breast feeding is milk, egg, soya and gluten intollerent, to feed her i cut out dairy, egg and soya and was breast feeding but i just maintained the weight i was ! i had no chocolate cake bisciuts ect but nope owt was coming off

Indeed, i absolutely love Muller lights and Primula Light cheese as my HEX. :( Now all Soya products are synned, or atleast it seems that way.

Fruit, veg and meat seems extremely boring. Still I might lose weight eventually or atleast I hope by unintentionally overloading myself with fruit and veg. :) xx

I know how annoying that is

I am lactose intollerent

My baby who i was breast feeding is milk, egg, soya and gluten intollerent, to feed her i cut out dairy, egg and soya and was breast feeding but i just maintained the weight i was ! i had no chocolate cake bisciuts ect but nope owt was coming off

Oh no hun that must be really hard for you and the baby :(

Have you started to lose again, if so how, xx

If it's lactose, can you use Lactofree? I did the same whilst feeding my lactose intolerant daughter (now aged 4) on dieticians advice, and I was veggie ... so I basically went vegan for 10 months! It wasn't too bad and worth it for the benefits to her. She's fine with everything except lactose now. Hope your baby gets a shorter no-go list too!!

I stopped feeding her and added back in everything but dairy and im loosing

Though now I wonder if i wasnt have enough calories to loose weight

and your right ALOT of dairy free alternitives are syn'd

If its lactose, the more mature the cheese the less lactose is in the cheese, because its burned off in the maturing process (thats a tip from my middle daughters dietion because she is small she needs the extra fat from cheese lol)

Also look into what greens contain calcium that will really do you good, I know Kale is good for calcium, Spinich has calcium but its not absorbed as well

(dont forget the little (c) in your sw books mean theres good calcium in something)

Back