DAMN IT! DAMN IT! DAMN IT!

Potatogirl

There is only now
As a reformed scale hopper.... I started SW with the intention of NOT getting on the scales during the week.

Well damn it - I've gone ahead and done it haven't I? I've been really good - I've been exercising and I walk regularly and felt FAB...so thought "I'll just have a little look..."

Well duh..what a stupid thing to do.

Now I know that it is better to weigh at the same time each week and that your weight can fluctuate by pounds during the week etc..etc..BUT now I'm thinking "Am I doing as well as I thought I was?" This has been my downfall before and I'm only 2 weeks in.

I'm really worried about weighing in tomorrow now because everyone seems to have such big losses and I will DIE if I've gained.

HELP!:sigh:

I'm not sure what help you are expecting from us. You know you shouldn't do it, and you know all the reasons why what you saw on the scales can be wrong. So what reassurance can we offer other than to restate what you already know? All I can really say is the next time you feel like a sneaky peek, just remember how badly you feel just now and hopefully that will be enough to deter you. And chuck out your scales ;)

Good luck for your weigh in!

Yeah...slight over reaction there...I've calmed down somewhat but I guess I just had to write it down to rationalise it.

Chillax hun. Don't start worrying you're not doing it correctly until official weigh in and throw the bloody scales away! (or at least get someone to hide them for you!)
Good luck with your weigh in. xxx

Potatogirl - you weigh on the Sunday thread. Nobody there is going to judge you if you ever put on (and I should know cos I put on and sts quite regularly!)

The main thing is to stick at it, be accountable every week and learn as you go.

See you tomorrow morning. Good luck :) x

Thank you all. I deliberately choose Sunday as my weigh day because I feel it helps to stop me being naughty on a Friday and Saturday..you know how it is. But saying that it just piles the pressure on too and I was flipping out today despite having a really good week.

It's good to vent - it's true and I feel much better about tomorrow now - thank you.:)

Potatogirl said:
Thank you all. I deliberately choose Sunday as my weigh day because I feel it helps to stop me being naughty on a Friday and Saturday..you know how it is. But saying that it just piles the pressure on too and I was flipping out today despite having a really good week.

It's good to vent - it's true and I feel much better about tomorrow now - thank you.:)

I deliberately chose my weigh in day on a Friday for this very reason. The weight loss journey comes with it's own pressure so by adding pressure to weigh in on a Sunday in order to stop being naughty on a fri & sat will in the end have the opposite effect. Don't forget SW can and should be a lifelong change in eating habits. If you enjoy a night out, have one, you can't be expected to follow the plan for the rest of your life or even for the next 12 months and never have a night out where you get drunk end up eating curry & chips. You have to live a little too, so cut yourself some slack, and change your weigh in day if it adds too much pressure and takes the joy out of losing weight. X

Back