Dawna's Weight Loss Diary

Dawna77

Okay, I felt that it might be in my own best interests if I write this journey down so that I can see where the successes and failures lie all in black and white ... :eek: lol.

I started SW last week and prior to last Monday's class I believed I was 238lbs..unfortunately I was a wee bit off the mark with that belief and it turned out after weigh-in that I was a whole 6lbs heavier! That actually made me feel down for a few hours, thinking that I would have to lose almost half a stone just to get back to where I thought I was :cry:
Of course that's a really negative attitude to take and not really an ideal way to begin the plan, so I just had to let it go and start anew.

And...here I am a week later and a bit scared of tonight's weigh-in! I know I've followed the plan religiously and I even have syns to spare (not like me at all lol) so I should be alright.
I did have a small ..er...blip? on Saturday night, I was out with friends having a few drinks and at the end of the night without thinking I ordered a chicken kebab, it wasn't even until I got home with it that I realised what I'd done! :eek:
Thankfully I didn't eat any of it but it just goes to show how easy it is to ruin a week's hard work!

I'm looking forward to tonight's class, but I must say I'm a bit nervous too! Wish me luck! :D

Hi hun - good luck with your WI. Chicken kebab - as long as it's on a skewer with proper chicken meat, then they are ok, just syn the pitta and sauce and it's not that high at all.

Remember, SW fits in around your life, can't wait to hear how you get on tonight!

Hi hun - good luck with your WI. Chicken kebab - as long as it's on a skewer with proper chicken meat, then they are ok, just syn the pitta and sauce and it's not that high at all.

Remember, SW fits in around your life, can't wait to hear how you get on tonight!

I forgot to mention that there was a portion of chips in with the kebab too - talk about mega-syns!! :eek:

I managed to resist the temptation, I wasn't actually that bothered about having them, it was just force of habit to buy takeaway after a night out, I'll have to plan ahead in future!

Thanks a lot Louise, I hope I do okay tonight as well - I think the boost will do me good and keep me motivated.

I'll fill you in later! :D

Well done on having a good first week and resisting the kebab, I'm sure you're going to see a pleasant result at your WI tonight and that will spur you on even more.

Take small steps and forget about that big looming number of lbs to lose, break it down.

Win lots of small races and you'll have run the marathon in no time.

Good luck x

Take small steps and forget about that big looming number of lbs to lose, break it down.

Win lots of small races and you'll have run the marathon in no time.

Thats a fantastic philosophy! One I'm definitely going to bear in mind - Thank you so much! :D

Well, I've just returned from my class and I'm on cloud 9 - I've lost 6 and a half pounds!! :talk017:

I couldn't believe it when my consultant told me.
I did say to her that I felt as though I'd eaten a lot this week but that I hadn't strayed from the plan.....I still felt nervous in case I was the same or more than last week though!
Thanks for all the kind words and support, I'm going to get down to a reasonable weight by hook or by crook!! :D

Wow!! Well done you ~ that is a fantastic loss ~ any wonder you're on cloud 9!! Good luck for the week ahead, xx

Thanks very much Mary, I can't quite believe it, but I know I want to feel this good again next week! :D
It's such a great motivator knowing my body's responding well to the plan!:bliss:

It feels like forever since I posted anything here, I've just been so busy that I haven't had time!

The last few weeks have been so-so really, and I find that when it's my T.O.T.M I have a tendency to weigh more, hence one week putting on half a pound when I knew I hadn't done anything diet-wise to warrant such a result :(
However, I can combat that by having a protein-rich week instead of carbing it up like I usually do lol.
Anyway, 13lbs lost all in at the moment and still falling so that's something to still keep me motivated. I hope everyone else is keeping on keeping on too! :)

Back