day 5 and already upset with Atkins, please help

bluecatlady said:
Lovely idea but I can't do a dash. I measured my dash on sw out of interest one day and it was about 80ML. Four times the sw dash. Lol I think I'll just have to avoid the lovely carb heavy stuff.

Out of interest The milk I checked in Tesco was 4.7 for whole and 4.8 for semi skimmed. Even gold top was no better than whole milk which surprised me. Thought the fat content would have replaced some of the carbs.

How about trying soya milk, if you are ok with the taste? Pretty much 0 carbs, Alpro soya milk light is 0.1g carbs per 100ml

How about trying soya milk, if you are ok with the taste? Pretty much 0 carbs, Alpro soya milk light is 0.1g carbs per 100ml

That's a good idea elle_moon only I completly hate soya in all forms!! YUCK!!! lol, I think I'll just avoid milk alltogether :)

That's a good idea elle_moon only I completly hate soya in all forms!! YUCK!!! lol, I think I'll just avoid milk alltogether :)

I recommend this:
Kara Dairy Free | Product Specifications |

It seems a bit strange but it's genuinely very nice and although it has a very mild coconut taste to it, drinking a glass of it straight (300ml is 5.7g carbs if you get the long life version) you can convince yourself it's milk quite easily.

Coconut fat is also very healthy!

What type of protein are you eating? One guy, can't remember who he is...suggested a sweet craving might be for a certain type of amino acid. If all else fails, you could just have a teaspoon of Slenda. It isn't exactly a scientific approach but one teaspoon is virtually calorie free and 0.5g carbs. Might take the edge off. Chromium is also good for sweet cravings.

[/QUOTE] What type of protein are you eating? One guy, can't remember who he is...suggested a sweet craving might be for a certain type of amino acid. If all else fails, you could just have a teaspoon of Slenda. It isn't exactly a scientific approach but one teaspoon is virtually calorie free and 0.5g carbs. Might take the edge off. Chromium is also good for sweet cravings.[/QUOTE]

Now that is interesting, I like sciency stuff. and until it passes I'm just fighting the sweet craving, even though it was much MUCH dtronger today.

I'm eating, beef steak (rump & rib eye), pork shoulder ground down into homemade sausages, bacon, chicken most days for lunch, beefburgers (home made), lamb steaks. A pretty good mix of whole meats but no fish as of yet as I find fish really hard to eat and right now I just need meals I like to get me through a first few weeks.

Also still NO SIGNS OF KETOSIS!! No stinky breath or wee and I'm still hungry lots!!

I have lost weight week one but I have absolutly no appitite supression, I know the difference between sugar crash 'hunger' and real hunger but I'm still hungry every 3/4hours and I'm eating enough or if anything a little bit too much still (it's a hard habbit to break). My energy levels are more even (I'm not slumping post meal like I used to on SW from carbs) but I'm still really really tired. I have none of the reported energy gain. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever feel the full force of Ketosis that Induction is supposed to bring. Day 8 now and no signs. It's a puzzle

Back