Step 1 Sole Source Day 5 Blues

jnc.uk

Blergh.

I knew today would be hard - my first Friday in years without the usual "it's Friday" celebratory naughtiness!

I've spent almost all day in bed pretending that I'm not grumpy.

I've stuck to plan though so I know I'll feel proud tomorrow morning.

Still, this first week is the toughest - putting in all the effort but still seeing a fat lady in the mirror and clothes still being just as tight.

On the upside, I think I finally slipped into ketosis today - a noticeable decrease in hunger and didn't even fancy my last shake but had it because I know it's needed.

Anyone else on week one and finding it hard to find their smile?

Blergh.

I knew today would be hard - my first Friday in years without the usual "it's Friday" celebratory naughtiness!

I've spent almost all day in bed pretending that I'm not grumpy.

I've stuck to plan though so I know I'll feel proud tomorrow morning.

Still, this first week is the toughest - putting in all the effort but still seeing a fat lady in the mirror and clothes still being just as tight.

On the upside, I think I finally slipped into ketosis today - a noticeable decrease in hunger and didn't even fancy my last shake but had it because I know it's needed.

Anyone else on week one and finding it hard to find their smile?

I can totally relate! Day 6 for me and I am a right grump. First weigh in at 10.30am tomorrow. I'm hoping that will spur me on. Doesn't stop me being a ratty moody old boot though. I think my OH is getting a tad annoyed!

Another reason I am low is I think I could have done better this week. Some things have passed my lips that shouldn't have.. Only 4 grapes, a cube of cheddar and a smudge of Turkish delight but I'm still annoyed about it. This diet is hard but I'm still optimistic :)
Xx

I'm day 6 and nightmare!!! ESP in the evenings and fri and saturday nights I just usually eat!!!! Husband keeps moaning because I'm moaning!!! He doesn't agree with the diet anyway so I have to try and hide my moodiness!!!

Day 6 and I'm over the hump, hooray. Definitely in ketosis now so no more hunger and was even ok with plain water - didn't need the flavourings.

How are you now Willows? Have you had your first weigh-in?

Yep ruey, I hear you. Fri and Sat nights are the killers. It's a shame your oh doesn't agree with the diet as the support is a help. However with each day you'll be stronger in yourself and other people's opinions will matter less and less.

Think I can see a bit of difference in my tummy today. It's so much easier when the weight loss becomes noticeable.

Good luck with your weigh-in both - mine's I'm Tuesday.

Hiya.. Yeah had my weigh in yesterday. Lost 7lbs in 6 days so I am really chuffed with that! I know that next weeks loss will be a bit less as I have lost all the initial water now making up most of that first big loss.

I'm feeling ok..still wanting to eat most things.. Not from hunger, just because I fancy them if you know what I mean!!?? Trying to resist stuff in the fridge and cupboards hasn't got any easier..I am hoping that my urge to pick at rubbish foods will diminish over time.

Good luck at your weigh in on Tuesday! Do update and let us know how you got on xx

Yup , grumpy git here! On day 6, with weigh in tomorrow at 7pm. Have felt really sick today, and yesterday, and couldn't tolerate the shakes, but had no choice cos that's all that's left! I'm reallymissing solid food, and feel really miserable to be truthful!! I've no idea if I've hit ketosis, but mine's all in my head anyway, roll on tomorrow! Good luck comrades :/

I'm feeling slightly better today I've got my weigh in tomorrow too so that's keeping me going, good luck for anyone getting weighed tomorrow!!! X

Hi all,

I had my weigh-in yesterday.
8lbs off woohoo!
I'm not hungry and not too grumpy any more but I'm still very tired.
How are you all doing this week?

Well done on your brilliant loss!!!

Hey guys I am on day 5 today and I am so snappy not hungry just grumpy! And I am craving food not for hunger just for want.its so mind over matter. Weigh in on Friday so hopefully this will help me get through the weekend!

Jem x

Hi Jemma85. I really relate with the snappiness and the craving food.

It is so mind over matter.

I'm wanting everything in sight now, even though I know I don't even like the things I'm wanting!

For example, I see a packet of sweets and I immediately imagine eating the whole pack, even though I know I don't like sweets! Then, when I give myself a second to actually think about it I know that I would find them sickly and there's no way I'd eat a whole packet at any time anyway!

Also, I've been craving the new chicken pop things that McDonalds are advertising, even though I've been vegetarian since 2000, I have no desire for any flesh at all, and I NEVER eat in McDonalds, not after I read that book "A Fast Food Nation" - I find McDonalds repulsive.

LOL, what a head case!

Thanks everyone for your compliments on my loss. It's been hard these last few days. I'm a serial weigher and for three days I was stuck on 16 st 4 lb but this morning my body finally gave up the fight and I'm down to 16 st 2.5 lbs. I may well be into the 15s by the end of next week - woohoo!

How's everyone else doing?

On second thought, craving is the wrong word.

Simply wanting everything in sight is far more accurate :-D

I'm on day 11 and no hunger, energy is on and off each day. I got an energy boost on day 7 and yesterday I had none at all. Today I feel ok but I think that's cos I haven't drank enough fluids. Apparently it's around week 3 when you start feeling energetic. I don't remember it taking that long last time but it effects you differently each time. My hubby however (started CD at same day as me) is all energetic and having the euphoric "buzzy" feeling you get from the diet and he's loving it! Lol. I keep looking at the inspirational photo's and it keeps me going. Xx

Lostpolarbear I couldn't help but chuckle at your husband being happy bouncy. He must be like the kid annoying the harassed parent lol!

I'll be in week three come Monday and I'm still lacking energy. I did some toning exercises with light weights yesterday and it totally wiped me out. I was good for nothing.

However, got on the scales this morning and lost 1.5 lbs since yesterday! That makes it 11 lbs in 11 days :-D

It's no wonder we're so tired. Our bodies must be working extremely hard!

Back