Day out on Saturday

Mia

Skinny girl in a fat body
This wasn't planned but I am going out on Saturday day now. I really want to go. My friend is leaving England and I probably will never see him again so we are going out for the day. He is muslim so can't eat certain things so he said he would rather have a picnic than go to a restaurant/cafe. So, I am making him cheese sandwiches (becasue I am so original and inventive haha), maybe a couple of boiled eggs, crisps, salad, and for me i was going to cook a salmon steak the night before so it can go cold (I love it) with salad and maybe a little pot of cottage cheese. What do you think? Any other suggestions to limit the damage?

Last edited:
What a lovely idea. I always think of egg and tomato sandwiches, complete with sand, on picnics - lots of picnics on sandy beaches as a kid!

Didn't think we could eat salmon as it's quite oily - perhaps you could have a couple of boiled eggs and salad, or a bit of chicken breast?

Hope you have a great time and it's not too sad saying goodbye - may the sun shine too:)

Thanks Minxie, yes egg and tom sandwiches - mega lush mmmmm. I am staying off the bread definately but love salmon that is why I thought I would do that. Also he will want it once he sees me with it :) so can't do the chicken because it's not halal. I want to take stuff both of us can eat (except the sandwiches). I will try to eat more of the cottage cheese and the salad. Don't want to eat too many eggs after not having food for 4 weeks hahaha

This is the list of foods that I am allowed on 810 plan -

1 Protein rich food from list below -

250g plain cottage cheese (5% fat)
325g reduced fat cottage cheese (less than 2% fat)
175g chicken breast without skin/fat
175g turkey breast without skin/fat
275g White fish fillet eg: cod/haddock
260g canned tuna in water (drained)
190g fresh tuna steak
275g quorn pieces/mince
250g of prawns
2 large eggs
210g regular or 400g firm tofu

PLUS 3 tbsp of vegetables listed below

Green salad leaves such as rocket,lambs lettuce,watercress,radiccio,little gem or romaine lettuces
Celery,cucumber or red radishes
Courgettes,marrow,kale,turnip tops,broccoli,cauliflower or any cabbage (Inc pickled) & mushrooms
Chinese leafy greens, such as Pok Choi or Chinese cabbage

HTH Have a nice time! x

have a lovely day whatever you decided to make in the end.

Well I had my day out :). I didn't do too badly and I certainly could have done worse. I had 1ltr of water before I went out so didnt have anything to drink whilst out. To eat I had - a salmon steak (cooked in foil in the microwave and the oil drained off), 4 cherry tomatoes, 1 boiled egg and 2 spoons of cottage cheese and a big chunk of proper cheese. Seeing it written down, I suppose it is bad :(. Oh well, I am not a good loser at the best of times so unfortunately looking at a gain this week I bet.

Hi hon, glad you had a good day out. The one thing you have got to look at is you only ate protien. I know some of it isnt on the list, but you did damage limitation, and it shouldnt have kicked you out of Ketosis. you could have tucked in to bread and crisps but you didnt! Drink lots of water and stick to your packs and really you should be fine at wi.

Back