Day two, and a question please :)

Pollylicious

not-so-pudgy
HI everyone! well here I am right at the beginning, Day two of my LT diet... yesterday was ace, i had a vanilla shake with coffee to make a latte, which i had again today as it was soooo yummy and felt like a real treat this morning! The strawberry shake is the weirdest thing.. its like... milkshake, but not sweet at all.. but still it worked well with crushed ice :) I LOVE the chocolate made up hot,and the soup is good with salt and pepper, so all in all i'm doing well and enjoying the packs... (for now!) at least they are palatable - i really hated CD packs for some reason.

Now then, a question... are Splenda tabs okay? i just have half in a cup of coffee. I heard somewhere that Splenda isnt so good, so your thoughts?

I think by the end of the week i'll be dying to get my hands on the flapjacks, jhust for something to munch, especially since i'm a coconutoholic... is there a flapjack limit per day? :)

Thanks, continued luck and success to everyone, and thanks again for such a great forum!

P xx

sorry hun but you can't add salt and pepper to the soup.only thing you can add to anything is the tablet sweetener,tea and coffee.
dont use the sweetener myself so cant say which is ok to use.

if you have flapjacks remember to drink more water than normal.think its an extra glass with each one.dunno about a limit but you'd have done really well to even sawllow a bite of one lol x
good luck x

Hi

Im not sure on the soup, but I dont think salt and pepper is allowed. , on the sweetner tabs, you really need to check the ingredients for them, tablet sweeters must be saccahrin based and free from sucralose and fructose as those 2 can knock you out of ketosis.

If it helps I know canderel and hermestas (sp?) are safe. But definitely no powder sweetners as they use sugar in them to make them spoonable.

Ooh just checked the splenda and they are definite no no Im afraid they contain sucralose.

Hope this helps :)

hmm well poo.. the lady at the chemist said that salt and pepper are fine, but she wasnt sure on the Splenda. Guess i'll pop out and buy a saccharin based one... but wow, really no salt and pepper? why not? surely the quantities are just soooo tiny.....

hmm well poo.. the lady at the chemist said that salt and pepper are fine, but she wasnt sure on the Splenda. Guess i'll pop out and buy a saccharin based one... but wow, really no salt and pepper? why not? surely the quantities are just soooo tiny.....

Hi sorry, Canderel is the brand - the sweetner I have been using in their chain is 'sweetex' little white and green dispensor, or hermestas (same people)

The thing with this programme is that you are limited in such a way so that your palette is restricted and cleansed, so when you come off the shakes you are less likely to go back to old eating habits and expand your food pallette over healthier food choices.

Not only that if we had gallons of choice and allowed this and that, we would get more cravings and more likely to just cave in and think sod it ill have those chips.

The programme is about re-educating your mind and body about food, which is why the shakes and soup are so bland.

Adding salt and pepper could trigger a craving you wont expect. I know some people will use pepper, but not salt for some reason. Id love to tell you why but I dont know as i dont have the soup (yukky) lol. x

I made the same mistake of adding salt to the soup. Apparently it causes water retention.

I did ask about pepper and a tiny bit of black pepper is permitted but definatley no salt.

I was adding the salt every day for 4 days before I realised. Once I'd stopped I hit ketosis and managed to lose 7lbs.

Honestly it dont taste too bad without the salt anyways.

Good luck hun - keep us posted. xx

Back