Day3 is nearly over. I'm desperate for food.

Zayna

Arrrrgh, somebody stop me. I have not cheated, I have followed the diet to the letter. But I'm craving food so badly... my neighbour brought in a big bag of Victoria plums off her tree, there's more on a branch hanging over my fence... I could eat the damn tree, never mind the plums.

:wave_cry:

Oh poor you! Stick with it, by tomorrow or Sunday, you'll be in ketosis and won't care about food.
Go and try something on that won't fit you, that'll put you off eating!!

The thing is, I'm not really hungry, I just want to taste something nice, anything, a teeny piece of Stilton, or a plum. :cry:

STEP AWAY FROM THE CHEESE!!
Now stop it!
Go and make some peppermint tea or a coffee. Drink some water, or go and have a nice hot bath.
Keep OUT of the kitchen. xx

Peppermint tea! Just the very thing, I have some... is it ok to have that?

Peppermint tea! Just the very thing, I have some... is it ok to have that?

peppermint tea is FINE !!!

just no plums.....OK :confused:

you are doin great.....don't slip up now !

Debz x

Zayna, you can do it. I'm only on day 4 and yesterday all I could think about was food. It's amazing how much of our lives involve food. Today I have turned a corner, and while I've still had a few "wish I could have..." moments, I feel like a new person. My skin is already getting clearer, I have more energy and best of all.......wait for it.....yup! I am wearing a pair of jeans that I couldn't wear last week...and it's only day 4!

I went for a long walk tonight that before a this diet began would have had me weezing and counting how many steps it would take to get to the car. Obviously, getting all the junk out of my body has already done it a world of good. Stick with it and I'm sure in the next few days you'll be saying the same thing to someone who is just a day behind you.

Best of luck!
Jo

Arrrrgh, somebody stop me. I have not cheated, I have followed the diet to the letter. But I'm craving food so badly... my neighbour brought in a big bag of Victoria plums off her tree, there's more on a branch hanging over my fence... I could eat the damn tree, never mind the plums.

:wave_cry:

hey i know exactly how you feel, i too am on day three hungry and feeling emotional:cry:. what has been helping me is basically trying to change my mindset interms of saying i AM NOT HUNGRY, THIS DIET IS SOOOOOOOOOOO EASY!!!

i nearly gave in to the temptation of food around 7-7.30 but i've been chuggin down the water and saying positive things to myself. i haven't given in and i just had my last shake, but i feel like i want to cry. not hungry anymore, it may be the tail tail signs of totm:raincloud:?

on a positive note however, i'm getting weighed tomorrow and i do feel like i have lost something cos my ring feels loose. right now i'd be happy with 2lb!

we can do this :hug99:.don't give up, keep reading on this site, lots of inspiration and motivation. try and change your mindset to a positive one and just take things 1 day at a time.

chinaa.x

hey i know exactly how you feel, i too am on day three hungry and feeling emotional:cry:. what has been helping me is basically trying to change my mindset interms of saying i AM NOT HUNGRY, THIS DIET IS SOOOOOOOOOOO EASY!!!

i nearly gave in to the temptation of food around 7-7.30 but i've been chuggin down the water and saying positive things to myself. i haven't given in and i just had my last shake, but i feel like i want to cry. not hungry anymore, it may be the tail tail signs of totm:raincloud:?

on a positive note however, i'm getting weighed tomorrow and i do feel like i have lost something cos my ring feels loose. right now i'd be happy with 2lb!

we can do this :hug99:.don't give up, keep reading on this site, lots of inspiration and motivation. try and change your mindset to a positive one and just take things 1 day at a time.

chinaa.x

Ta luv. I've not had the plums or the cheese, I've had a cup of peppermint tea and been doing the washing, it's bed time soon so that's day three over and done with.

I just don't know if I can face more than a couple of weeks of this...

Do you really want to eat...or do you really want to be slim?
if you eat you will make it harder on yourself!
Day 3.... Your body is hitting ketosis... it is it's last effort to resist and make you give in to FOOD...BUT DON'T...LT gets easier.
I have ZERO willpower and i did it! so can YOU!!!
The first week is hard. You may even feel 5hite on day 5 or 6 but after the week it gets easier and you will start to become disconnected from food and this will be the first diet you have done sucessfully and it will work!
stick with it and you are on your way to slimdon!

lol , think why your doing the diet , has the pain gone now lol

Do you really want to eat...or do you really want to be slim?
if you eat you will make it harder on yourself!
Day 3.... Your body is hitting ketosis... it is it's last effort to resist and make you give in to FOOD...BUT DON'T...LT gets easier.
I have ZERO willpower and i did it! so can YOU!!!
The first week is hard. You may even feel 5hite on day 5 or 6 but after the week it gets easier and you will start to become disconnected from food and this will be the first diet you have done sucessfully and it will work!
stick with it and you are on your way to slimdon!

wow, i'm scared to eat now! i feel like you would :whoopass:!!!lol thats why i love this site, nothing like tough love................keep telling it like it is, thats just what I needed.:character00115:

i will not be beaten.

chinaa.x

hehe ... i thought it was a nice fluffy post... i have done much much much worse / tougher ones! hehe ...but, yeah, i love to kick ass!
I suppose its because lt is a choice you/ i /everyone has made, noone forced us ... i just think people should look at it as a saviour not a prison sentence ...it makes it easier and more enjoyable..when you are shedding pure fat each week its fab and time does go quickly.
On a normal diet to lose just 1lb of PURE fat, it takes 3,500 cals ...which is a 35mile run!! i know what i would rather do

Here a visual for you ... 1 lb of pure fat one%20pound%20of%20fat%21.jpgyum..... would you rather keep it or lose it?

i can guarantee if you go to bed tonight having fought off the food demon you will feel absofeckinlutely bloody wonderful in the morning - you will have proved to yourself that food is not going to run your life for you anymore - once you have won your first battle with the demons you will feel so much stronger - so much more determined - this is your crossroads hun - just keep plodding on and you will be feeling fantastic tomorrow when you have won the battle - and you will be safe in the knowledge that if you ever feel like that again you can fight it off :D

we have all been where u are sweetie - i guarantee you will feel elated tomorrow morning when u sit back and drink ur morning shake!

keep fighting hun - you will win xxx

Wise words from everyone hun. As they say, the first week really is the hardest but if you can hang in there and get through it then I guarantee you will come away from your first WI smiling like a Cheshire cat and walking on air!

I'm in my 18th week and find I am detached from food, despite the frequent temptations I encounter. Wednesday I went to a barbeque and just drank water. Tonight I went on a girlie night out and just drank water. Last Saturday I cooked hotdogs and chips for 10 children and cut chocolate birthday cake for them all and drank water! Believe me when I say I was the BIGGEST foodie with absolutely NO willpower before I started so if I can do LT then anyone can.

Pop onto the forum whenever you need distraction/encouragement/thrashing!!!!!!! coz there will always be someone around to help and they really are the best bunch of people you could ever meet.

Good luck hun.

x

I hope you were a good girl and will be rewarded with the satisfaction of knowing you conquered your demons this evening hun! xx

Thank you all so much for your fabulous motivation. Not a morsel passed my lips, I went to bed and slept like a log, but had weird dreams. One of them being that I was forgetting I was on a diet and I ate food, then realised I shouldn't have, and I felt really really disappointed. Guess that's taught me a lesson.

I've woken up the worst headache in history and a horrid taste in my mouth so I'm starting day 4 with a nice cup of peppermint tea.

Thanks again folks, I have a feeling I'll be back moaning later but thank goodness for you guys.

Zayna xxx :eek:

Well done on resisting! Sounds to me like Mr Ketosis has moved in!

Don't worry about dream cheating - many of us do it!!!!!! The relief when you realise it was just a dream is huge and helps keep you on the straight and narrow!

Have a good day today and feel free to moan whenever you want coz we will get you through it.

x

Back