Death to the diet

Interesting read, though nothing new, so I guess it's not death to the diet :D

It's just yet another book out about intuitive eating. Very little 'new' stuff there, except for filtering your shower water (D'oh :D) Who on earth is going to do that?

The rest of it good, and very similar to how I do the maintenance thing. For example, I would never have low fat spread, love my nuts and oil etc, and also believe exercise is for pleasure not pain.

So most of it makes sense to me. Only annoyed that she's going to make loads of money, when I could have written the same book :D

Love your siggy quote BTW:cool:

KD - IMHO you could have written a better book. When are you going to do it?

KD - IMHO you could have written a better book. When are you going to do it?

LOL. I'll get straight on to it
thinkwrite.gif

----

letter-1.gif
Okay...perhaps not

No, no you have to do it. You know we slimmers love to read anything to do with diets. Personally I often prefer reading about it to doing it (no nasty laughs here - I am talking in the context of dieting only). It would be a real moneyspinner!

The rest of it good, and very similar to how I do the maintenance thing. For example, I would never have low fat spread, love my nuts and oil etc, and also believe exercise is for pleasure not pain.

Pretty much my way of thinking too KD. :)

Same old, same old, just in different packaging.

On the other hand, maybe it'll get through to the kids that really need to understand this stuff, what with all it's so-called celebrity endorsements. xD

Sort of agree with that, but it's far more complex.

I was talking to a Mum the other day. Daughter is overweight. The mum told me she can't understand it. She gives daughter low fat food (spreads..calorie reduced snacks like mullerlight etc). Why? Kiddo needs fats to grow. Just not all the processed stuff.

then she tells me that kiddo doesn't get pocket money unless she goes for a 30 minute bike ride each day :eek:

What a way to put her off exercising forever!

I don't want to see kids on diets, or doing structured exercise regimes for the purpose of maintaining weight. I want them to love food, but to give it it's rightful place in their lives.

I want them to go out and enjoy themselves. To play, have fun. I want them to run around the block for the hell of it

I want focus to be on their health, rather than their size. If they do that, they are less likely to be overweight in the first place, but that's not my main concern. My main concern is that they eat healthy foods (which isn't necessarily low fat), and enjoy playing again.

I don't think it's an impossible dream, but it seems that it's unlikely in the near future :(

Sort of agree with that, but it's far more complex.

I was talking to a Mum the other day. Daughter is overweight. The mum told me she can't understand it. She gives daughter low fat food (spreads..calorie reduced snacks like mullerlight etc). Why? Kiddo needs fats to grow. Just not all the processed stuff.

then she tells me that kiddo doesn't get pocket money unless she goes for a 30 minute bike ride each day :eek:

What a way to put her off exercising forever!

I don't want to see kids on diets, or doing structured exercise regimes for the purpose of maintaining weight. I want them to love food, but to give it it's rightful place in their lives.

I want them to go out and enjoy themselves. To play, have fun. I want them to run around the block for the hell of it

I want focus to be on their health, rather than their size. If they do that, they are less likely to be overweight in the first place, but that's not my main concern. My main concern is that they eat healthy foods (which isn't necessarily low fat), and enjoy playing again.

I don't think it's an impossible dream, but it seems that it's unlikely in the near future :(

Couldn't agree more KD! :rolleyes::(

Couldn't agree more KD! :rolleyes::(

Great! I'll do a plan of action!
thinkwrite.gif

Just needed a volunteer! Thanks Isis
girl_cool.gif

So 2 jobs need doing. Do you want the easy one or the harder one?

Okay, I'll do the harder one. You can do World Peace, and I'll change society
girl_sigh.gif

Back