December Challenge to not put on!

huwiesmummy

Gold Member
Well December is almost here so I thought I'd put up the challenge.

I am not fussed if I don't lose over the holidays more importantly I don't want to gain. So my Challenge to myself is to not put anything on after the 1st of December until the 1st of January. If I lose anything ill be happy but ill be super pleased just not to gain. Anyone going to join me?

Heres our list!

Huwiesmummy- 184.4lbs chest-35.5 hips-39.5 waist-33.2 thigh-20.5 body fat-28.2%
JMC- weight 10st 1lb, bust 33" waist 27 1/4" hips 39 1/4"
TracyGWill-14st 0.2lbs.
Leesider- 12st 1lbs
Cacee-16st 13lbs
ekr88- 10st 13.5lbs

Last edited:
Ill join you. Good idea. This should keep me on the straight and narrow!

I'm new here and secretly I'd like to lose but if I compare myself to other years, it would be a great achivement to stay the same.

Hi, Huwiesmummy, just 'checking in', i have to say your diaries and photos have been an inspiration to me. So glad you got your story published on the Exante site, it is one of the best on there.
I've never done a challenge before and don't post much either, just read a lot of diaries to keep me motivated.
Its the 1st Dec tomorrow, do we weigh in tomorrow, and then once a week?
Ive been on exante simple solution for a while, started at 12st 11lb in July, but had lost about 1/2 a stone before that on a low carb diet, so was about 13st 4lb ish at proper start.
I did Exante total solution for about 6 weeks to start with, I lost quickly and was so pleased, so stuck to a mix of total and working solution, I've been doing simple solution for a while and upped my excersise, with running and kettle bell workouts. My exante supplies are getting low and I don't want to order any more so am going to try low carbish and calorie counting, along with the excersise.
Soooo, I know I am rambling on, but I am worried that I'll start putting it back on, especially with visitors and Christmas food about, so here I am, determined not to undo my hard work. I did lose 3 stone a couple of years ago and it crept back on! So now I weigh myself regularly so I know if I'm going off track and can sort it before it gets out of hand.
Any way, I'm sure I've bored you by now, but just wanted to explain why I'm here, as I'm quite a private person, and putting all the down on here is not like me at all, but should make me stick to it.
Bye for now....

Hello Leesider, I'm the same, I'd like to lose a little more, but to stay the same over the next month would be fantastic. But I'm going to try because if I don't try I'd never know if I could do it. I'm thinking of giving myself a 'reward' in January if I do stay the same, I just haven't thought what it could be yet. Good Luck anyway.

Hi, Huwiesmummy, just 'checking in', i have to say your diaries and photos have been an inspiration to me. So glad you got your story published on the Exante site, it is one of the best on there.
I've never done a challenge before and don't post much either, just read a lot of diaries to keep me motivated.
Its the 1st Dec tomorrow, do we weigh in tomorrow, and then once a week?
Ive been on exante simple solution for a while, started at 12st 11lb in July, but had lost about 1/2 a stone before that on a low carb diet, so was about 13st 4lb ish at proper start.
I did Exante total solution for about 6 weeks to start with, I lost quickly and was so pleased, so stuck to a mix of total and working solution, I've been doing simple solution for a while and upped my excersise, with running and kettle bell workouts. My exante supplies are getting low and I don't want to order any more so am going to try low carbish and calorie counting, along with the excersise.
Soooo, I know I am rambling on, but I am worried that I'll start putting it back on, especially with visitors and Christmas food about, so here I am, determined not to undo my hard work. I did lose 3 stone a couple of years ago and it crept back on! So now I weigh myself regularly so I know if I'm going off track and can sort it before it gets out of hand.
Any way, I'm sure I've bored you by now, but just wanted to explain why I'm here, as I'm quite a private person, and putting all the down on here is not like me at all, but should make me stick to it.
Bye for now....

My personal plan is to weigh and measure then post on here then measure every week then weigh on the last day of December. I have been putting on so much muscle that my weight isn't going down. I think your plan is a good one but take your cal intake slow like add 100 cals every couple days.

Good luck I'll be posting tomorrow

huwiesmummy said:
Well December is almost here so I thought I'd put up the challenge.

I am not fussed if I don't lose over the holidays more importantly I don't want to gain. So my Challenge to myself is to not put anything on after the 1st of December until the 1st of January. If I lose anything ill be happy but ill be super pleased just not to gain. Anyone going to join me?

Yes!! I was toying with the idea of weighing myself tomorrow ie. 1st December, and then not again until 1st January, so this is just the thing to keep me focused on only allowing myself a few days "off" during the festive period. Guess I post my weight on here tomorrow? xx

Oh good, I haven't measured myself at all. I sometimes wish I'd done so at the start, but I'm happy enough knowing how much weight I've lost and occasionally trying on the size 30 trousers I bought for my nephew's wedding in July 2011 - they're a good indicator of the inches, lol. xx

I would like to join too if that's ok. I would like to put my weight, I only started last Saturday so hopefully tomorrow morning will be my first weightloss.

What date are we taking our first weigh-in - is it dec 1st?

Hello, I've got my Dec 1st measurements,
weight 10st 1lb,
bust 33"
waist 27 1/4"
hips 39 1/4"

I'm not sure if I've put this in the right place as I am using an iPad and can't copy and paste, my hubby has a mac lap top, might try that later but it dosent work like my old windows lap top! I'm just hopeless with technology! Sorry if it's in the wrong place. Good luck to everyone, I'm already panicking! X

Back