deferring from SW - help! (and hello :D)

minx

hi there peoples :)
i've been attending SW class for 9 weeks now and only managed to lose a measley 9lb :( despite being mostly 100% - rubbish!! i never stayed to group because of time constraints and tbh, the group was awful! far too big and not very friendly, loads of groups of friends going together who only spoke to eachother..

I did points at uni (didnt officially join WW) and lost about 2st so i know it works and how it works. the portion size part of my brain is truly distorted and the 'free food' ethos of SW is just a challenge to me! i think i've managed to disprove the 'unlimited food' rule :(
can anyone tell me if its much better to join a group or join WW online? i've had a looky on the website and none of the groups really suit me.. i'm a busy working mum and often on the internet so would WW online be ok for me? what is the starter thing that you get with WW online, is this the same as the £19.99 pack with the calculator? cos i quite like the look of that hehe..

anyway folks, nice to meet you all *waves*, i just need to get my head down and lose some poundage before summer - while the momentum is still here andn before i think 'stuff it, not working, lets eat'

Hiya!

I came from SW too. 22 weeks and lost 8lb - phooey. 4 weigh ins with WW and have lost 9lb!!!

I joined a group and bought a monthly pass so I can go to any group but can also access the esource bit online which is really good - so best of both worlds. I need the discipline of going and physically being weighed by someone else.

On my joining night I paid £22.90 and I got my first months meetings paid, the usual little folder plus the black folder you are talking about.

I never stay to meetings after the weigh in - much prefer the support of the forums here and on the ww site.

Welcome.

thanks pinkyfluff, i was reading your thread about coming from SW and it confirmed everything i was thinking, i'd get to target, ooh, maybe next summer? hehe

i think i'm going to join online, i'm pretty disciplined to weigh myself and keep going. think i'm just gonna ask hubby to hide the scales between weigh ins and he can weight me lol!

i'm off to join now before i undo my measley 8lb loss over the weekend with celebrating being off with food and wine :O

nice to meet you x

Welcome! I got my books off of ebay and just do it at home. I do go to support group and get weighed though.
The boards are good but they move very fast and I found it hard to get to know people but here is great!

hi there peoples :)
i've been attending SW class for 9 weeks now and only managed to lose a measley 9lb :( despite being mostly 100% - rubbish!! i never stayed to group because of time constraints and tbh, the group was awful! far too big and not very friendly, loads of groups of friends going together who only spoke to eachother..

I did points at uni (didnt officially join WW) and lost about 2st so i know it works and how it works. the portion size part of my brain is truly distorted and the 'free food' ethos of SW is just a challenge to me! i think i've managed to disprove the 'unlimited food' rule :(
can anyone tell me if its much better to join a group or join WW online? i've had a looky on the website and none of the groups really suit me.. i'm a busy working mum and often on the internet so would WW online be ok for me? what is the starter thing that you get with WW online, is this the same as the £19.99 pack with the calculator? cos i quite like the look of that hehe..

anyway folks, nice to meet you all *waves*, i just need to get my head down and lose some poundage before summer - while the momentum is still here andn before i think 'stuff it, not working, lets eat'

hi me and the mrs are doing ww from home i dont go to meeting i brought the deluxe pack of site , so far so good , good luck to you and well done xxx:)

hi funkymum and phil, nice to meet you both :)

i'm trying to sign up online but what is the difference between ww online for £29.95 for 3 months, and the monthly pass for £12.95 this month and £17.95 per month after? apart from the price lol..
is the monthly pass ok for me?

thanks

hello

:) HI, have you tried trying on line through quidco, if they're offers still on, you get your money back. Like you i switched from sw to ww.:)(how's dundee, hu bby's from the hiltown)

hi maclynn! tell that hilltooner that dundee's fine :D we live in broughty ferry but i work at the top of the hilltown hehe. i'll take a look at quidco, thanks for that :)

Hi Minx

The monthly pass is intended to save you money when attending a group, so you will want the online thingy.

Good luck

yay! i am a ww member! :D i really wanna go shop for food now! cant wait to indulge in ww stuffed pasta, used to love it but its a big nono on SW, pah. one thing i dont like about WW is fruit not being free though.. more encouraging to eat a ww choc brownie dessert than a banana, hmm... to asda i think! xx

I do WW online and love it. Its not perfect though - you still need to buy the eating out guide ideally but the tracker can help with some restaurant foods.

hi lemma and thanks for posting :) i'm just having a wee look round the site just now but struggling to work out the food tracker thing, its saving things at set values and i'm not sure what the portion sizes are that are giving the points values :S for example - i've saved pasta, 1 large portion 3 points. but i dont know how much that is and say i want to spend 5 points on pasta, how do i change this?

Back