Denial -- Not good but being addressed :)

harriet2

serial poster
I been off the rails for a few weeks and have subsequently gained about 13 lbs from my ideal weight so im addressing it here and now before it gets totally out of hand.

Losing weight is only the beginning which im just starting to realise..its the maintaining which is the hardest of all to tackle cause its soooooo easy to resort back to the old ways and yes, the lbs do start coming back on

I think I'm now ready to address actually WHY I feel I have to sabortage myself..In reality I should be happy with what I've achieved but I'm realising that I'm being too hard on myself..I seem to think that what I've done is just never quite enough and this stems back to childhood and being told that constantly over many years :)

Funny how you see things like this but its just hit me :)

Anyway, youve got me back whether you like it or not guys...short but sweet departure hey lol

h xxxx

Hi there :) Sorry about your gain but welcome back, I'm sure you'll get back on track in no time :)

Hi hun...this maintaining lark is tough isn't it!!!

'They' say the best maintianers weigh themselves daily. I do this, but it does get me down when the scales go up a couple of pounds...which is a natural fluctuation, but then again it does make me behave for a couple of days until its gone.

Have you figured out your 'bad' foods? Mine is carbs. I also love sweet things, so I make sure my cupboards are stocked with Weight Watchers desserts/biscuits.

Its good you stopped and taken a look at the situation and have it in control hun and I know that 13lbs will be gone in no time (don't forget a lot of it will be water).

xxxxx

thanks sharon...mines chocolate and then once i start i cant seem to stop..being on holiday was ok to start with but with everyone around me eating what they wanted it was sheer hell so i thought, well I'm on holiday so ill have what i want and then get back on track, which i did do but well..i dont know..old habits die hard and then you see a few lbs going on etc etc and its the old addiage of feeling sorry for yourself so you eat more etc....i must be bloody mad to go through all those weeks and weeks of spending what, £36.00 a week and then to do this to myself..and after feeling sooo damn good about myself too.....WHY lol

hows things with you anyway..are you finding it ok on the whole or do you have your good and bad days?

h xx

Welcome back, it's gud that you've decided to do something now and at least you know that Lipotrim works so it won't take you long to get rid of those 13lb! You did really well on LT the first time, I'm hoping I'll do as good over the coming wks, gud luck in starting again.

Harriet - firstly well done on your honesty :)

Secondly yeah deffo agree that high carbs / processed foods are the enemy... are you eating carbs late in the evening ? A friend of mine has lost weight simply by eating carbs in moderation throughout the day & none whatsoever after 6PM.

Anyway - well done for the positive steps :)

Hey Har,
I'm on my own plan now and def find it hard but to put it bluntly my shrink says this is only the start of it. Its rare people are over weight because of over indulgance its mainly because of boredom or comfort or habit. Maybe its time to address the issues that make you over eat. Most people could do with a bit of a chat as to whys and wherefores. I am a self sabotager myself and if its not binge eating its binge drinking and so on. Sometimes after lipo people have some slips its up to you to decide if its a simple slip of bad habits or a problem you're going to have to deal with!.Good luck pet!!!

Jesus just reading this makes me think is this it!Do we spend our time constantly in this battle of lose weight gain weight its a pain in the butt!

im ok till i get home from work..i go out for a run or go straight to gym and then for some reason i tell myself its ok to have a chocolate biscuit!

anyway..im back and ive told you all lol and im feeling better about myself now than i have for days :)

ive got a stash of maintenance bars which im going to use when i go out, otherwise im trying to have low fat foods plus lots of fruit and yogurt which seems to fill me up as a snack either with lunch or when i get home and then dinner later on..it seems to be the evening is the worse for me..the rest of the day is fine...

im training for the race for life which ive done previous years but i want to run it all this time..im up to 1mile so far and off to gym this evening and ive had some advise from my workmate about what to do etc (hes run a couple marathons..as you do!) and its really good so im pleased with myself to achieving this as ive never been a runner and found it difficult but im doing ok

the food is THAT OTHER ISSUE to be tackled..

h xx

thanks sharon...mines chocolate and then once i start i cant seem to stop..being on holiday was ok to start with but with everyone around me eating what they wanted it was sheer hell so i thought, well I'm on holiday so ill have what i want and then get back on track, which i did do but well..i dont know..old habits die hard and then you see a few lbs going on etc etc and its the old addiage of feeling sorry for yourself so you eat more etc....i must be bloody mad to go through all those weeks and weeks of spending what, £36.00 a week and then to do this to myself..and after feeling sooo damn good about myself too.....WHY lol

hows things with you anyway..are you finding it ok on the whole or do you have your good and bad days?

h xx

Good and bad days hun. I am really good throughout the day, but its the evenings I struggle. I'm a social eater as well. My family do go out for meals a couple of times a week, so my plan is to be good most of the time and treat myself when I go out. I honestly cannot say enough about weight watchers desserts. The Choc Brownie is to die for and may curb your choc craving hun. What about Atkins chocolate (not sure about the fat content though!!). I think we just have to make sure our cupboards are stocked with enough naughty food that has been carefully selected.

Good luck hun....not that you need it. Come on girl...we can do it!! We will do it!!!!!

im not sure that even having choccy in the house is a good thing in my case..i cant seem to stop once i start..that little voice says eat me, eat me and im off and then feel guilty and then think what the hell, ive messed it up now today, i may as well mess up the rest of the day as well lol....if it werent for that 'little voice' id still be at goal weight and not on here moaning lol

what about the other WW stuff..you think its def a good idea to keep things about though? do you use ready meals for the evening or stick to plain old fish and veg and potatoes etc like initially?

h xx

i hope so FFBB....well i know so..ill be more positive about it lol

h xx

im not sure that even having choccy in the house is a good thing in my case..i cant seem to stop once i start..that little voice says eat me, eat me and im off and then feel guilty and then think what the hell, ive messed it up now today, i may as well mess up the rest of the day as well lol....if it werent for that 'little voice' id still be at goal weight and not on here moaning lol

what about the other WW stuff..you think its def a good idea to keep things about though? do you use ready meals for the evening or stick to plain old fish and veg and potatoes etc like initially?

h xx

I do use WW ready meals as well. I have not stuck to a diet at all. I feel like I've been a total pig, but when I reflect on what I've actually eaten its usually WW or Low fat/carb food anyways. You have to know yourself. I can have a WW dessert and feel completely satisfied with it, but my friend goes and gets another and another etc. I can say no now and that is something I never did (watch it Gazza...I mean to food!!).

I know on here lots of people talk about food and 'issues' you may have.. and to sort them first. I suppose I have not got any issues and never did. The reason I was fat was because of my sweet hubby. He can eat what he likes and I started to eat like him.....he'd fancy a pizza so I'd have one, he fancied a take out so I'd have one. The house if full of full fat chocolate, cakes, biscuits etc and I know if I didn't have the ww foods in I would have the other, but I never feel like I'm missing out.

Sorry for the essay.
x

dont apologise..thanks for replying! xxxx my 'issues' stem from childhood as i mentioned..1. that what i did never felt good enough and 2. we were pretty poorly off and i what we had was always pretty basic stuff and was hungry so used to stuff it down as soon as poss...this is what i still do and its very difficult to break out of the habit now im supposedly an adult lol

thinking back, i could never eat in front of other people either..not sure why though

right..off home to walk the doggie..

chat later

h xxx

Hi honey you are sooo right maintaining is the hardest bit!! I feel for you hun as i know what all the temptations are like! Stick with the forum hun i think it does help to get a grip sometimes xxx

:) you ok tracey? havent spoken for a bit...

xxx

Hi Harri just noticed ya back, ah well never mind you'll soon be sorted I bet xxxxxxx

Harriet - your human! But I admire you for catching yourself so early on in the weight gain. I lost 4 stone a few years ago and watched myself put the whole lot back on with an additional half stone and just kept thinking - hmmmm I must do something about it! And still DID nothing but watch it go back on! I am hopin I have learned my lesson this time! Like FFB says we need to find why we do it which you have. For me comfort eating.....as soon as something doesn't go my way I tuck in! But hey we are human and the important thing is to take control again!

You will have it back off in no time hun!

thanks :) it is hard though, especially after losing all that weight to go and put a bit back on..hey ho..thats life!

h xx

Back