Depressed & struggling today

broxi

ButtErFly
I had to take my son out shopping and all I could see were food places and skinny people. Felt really, really depressed and don't know why. Think I can only do this diet if i hide away.:wave_cry:

Broxi, sorry to hear your having a bad day hon. It happens to us all i'm sure and I think we can only take each day as it comes as one day we can be feeling great and the next like this. Just think about the very near future we will be one of those skinny women walking round the shops trying on all the nice clothes and not just dreaming bout it. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you. Zoe xx

Thanks very much Zoe. I'm just finding it hard living without food. I miss it so much. I feel like an alcoholic must who's off the booze.

bless hope you feel a bit better soon luv.
i had the inlaws over, saw me eating the soup at tea time and comments made, i had to be really strong and tell them, i really want this to work and dont need people putting it down, felt really fat and ticked off, but i am determined even more now to show them all. you can do the same, get there and show everyone how well your doing. dont hide away, theres nothing to be ashamed about, when i wanted a baby everywhere i looked were pregnant people, now i want to be skinny i find the same, skinny girls everywhere. i have my step daughter here for the weekend who is the same hight as me and a size 6 - 8. i feel sooo fat stood next to her, but i will soon be a size 10 not 20ish and feel great.
sorry soooo long xxxxx
hope you feel better xxxx

I know what you mean Broxi but it will be worth it in the end. It's mad when you realise how big a part food played in our lives but hits home the fact that we really needed to do what we are doing. We are doing the right thing and you are doing so well. Chin up big hugs Zoe xx

Thanks Claira, you're so nice and encouraging and you too Zoe. I feel a million times better already talking to you.
Another comment that helped me on another thread for another struggler was- the food will still be there when i reach my goal. That helps as i hate feeling so deprived. To be honest i find most days hard but this was the worst for my mood. I'm usually a happy person too.

Bronxi it does occasionally feel really hard and we all have blips like that. Then other times you feel fabulous. You won't have to hide away for long.
If you find it hard to go out then don't, but trust me, it will get easier and you'll want to be out and about.
There are always skinny people around. Doesn't mean they're any happier with themselves :)
You are doing great. Think about what you've achieved so far and maybe write it down. There will be more happy than sad moments on the diet.

I always think to myself was I happier off the diet and the answer is no. I was permanently unhappy with myself, but just hid it even from myself occasionally. At least with CD sometimes you are happy and sometimes sad!!!

Thanks so much for the encouragement Liz. And you've been on diet for a while too so you know what you're talking about. I suppose I will feel better when I'm not so fat but at the moment there is very little difference in my appearance. No I will do this. Food can wait! I just can't wait to be thin but it will happen. You're doing really well. Do you feel much better in your clothes etc? (think I'll put that out as a thread to encourage me and others as to how it feels to actually be much thinner.)

Honestly Broxi I didn't think I'd be able to do it and loads of people on here say the same. It seems hard initially, but people wouldn't last for so long if it didn't get easier.

People like Curly whose been doing it for about 13 weeks I think. I look at people like that and think 'I can keep going' and so can you.

Just take it one day at a time. Soon you forget about food and it's actually an amazing feeling to not be obsessing over food all the time. You find you have time to really live!

Have you taken before pics? That helps to compare on a weekly basis. After a few weeks maybe try on a few things that were tight before. You might not notice, but other people do. It's a common thing to not notice any different in yourself. When you go shopping you pick up size 20 and it's too big, but then so is an 18....and a 16!!! Your head takes longer to catch up :)

Hi there .
You will get used to the food places once your deep into the diet think the strongest smell is chips for me , makes me go round going , mmmmmmmmmmm ho lovely lol , but not lovely being over weight so goodbye chips for a while

Broxi,
Just wanted to send you big hugs hon and say hang in there. You can do it... It can be tough the first few weeks but then it becomes part of every day life.. I remember sitting in pizza express around my 2nd week with my husband and little boys having a shake and thought what am I doing .. but 20 restaurants later and sat with shakes.. you just do it.. If you really want it hon you can do it.. This time I really wanted it.. Other times I have done previous diets I havent felt as strong..
Honestly hon its so worth it.. For the last I dont know how long I havent been confident in myself havent liked looking in the mirror but 14 weeks down and 52 1/2 pounds off I feel confident and like what I see in the mirror..
So chin up hon and stick with it I promise you it really really is so worth it. and its a matter of months and you will feel so good xx

Brilliant Liz, it is only a matter of months and that's what i need to keep telling myself. It's not forever. Thanks x

oh poop I posted my reply to this in your friends thread by mistake, basically last night was the night from hell and day too, i think my problem is wanting it too quick and this week the scales havent moved much, I lost 15ib in first two weeks and then nothing, I know its nearly TOTM so I wonder if its that, but it upset me and I felt fat and horrid again, the 15ib feel good wore off and I wanted the dreaded P**** as it was Friday night, luckily my husband was working last night so he body wrapped me before he went so i couldnt move hehe clever man, by the time I took it all off and had a bath I was shattered and fell asleep. Georgie Porgie my three year old woke me up at six so I got up with her and came downstairs to chat on here and WOOT WOOT, the scales have moved, then I realised after been starving all night last night, I had only had three shakes and not my forth, so I went through hell and could have helped myself haha, hey ho.

Sorry for long post, but it was really hard and took strenght i didnt know I had.

oh poop I posted my reply to this in your friends thread by mistake, basically last night was the night from hell and day too, i think my problem is wanting it too quick and this week the scales havent moved much, I lost 15ib in first two weeks and then nothing, I know its nearly TOTM so I wonder if its that, but it upset me and I felt fat and horrid again, the 15ib feel
good wore off and I wanted the dreaded P**** as it was Friday night, luckily my husband was working last night so he body wrapped me before he went so i couldnt move hehe clever man, by the time I took it all off and had a bath I was shattered and fell asleep. Georgie Porgie my three year old woke me up at six so I got up with her and came downstairs to chat on here and WOOT WOOT, the scales have moved, then I realised after been starving all night last night, I had only had three shakes and not my forth, so I went through hell and could have helped myself haha, hey ho.

Sorry for long post, but it was really hard and took strenght i didnt know I had.

Hi Broxi.

Can you give me the link to the other thread I posted on about half an hour ago, lol?? My laptaop died on me and didn't save the link for that thread. Thanks hunni. xx

Does it automatically link your threads you reply in to your User CP mine does, but the thread is *Looking for Friends* if that helps

Hey Broxi - how are you feeling today? Hope you are feeling better.

I can only echo what everyone else has said, that it is tough at first but it does get better and the cravings are in your mind not your tummy.

Hide away if you need to, I know I certainly have done this at times throughout the last 6 weeks. But stay strong and you will see all the results you want!

Hi Broxi, hope you're feeling better. I often feel the same way, and I avoid eye contact with other people when they walk by as I'm convinced they're secretly thinking how fat I am! But all of us on this forum are taking positive steps to improve our health and in turn that will make us feel better about how we look.

It is very tough with all the skinny youngsters out there these days (I think I'm starting to sound like I'm on Grumpy Old Women!) But someday soon we'll all get there and it will be such an accomplishment! I've been embarrassed to tell people which diet I'm on for fear that they'll think I'm taking the "easy route" or "cheating" somehow, but if they spent one day on the diet they would know how difficult it is.

You've done really well so far and I know you can hang in there :)

Thank you Wales and Nicola for your support. I'm great again this morning. But it just is so hard at times. I know I couldn't do this without you lot, honestly. The support is amazing.
Everytime I tell people about this diet they raise their eyebrows and say, "all you need to do is eat less and exercise more. it's that simple" If it was that simple to do I would be thin. One woman at work who can't stop smoking and wants to says that to me all the time. I gave up smoking 6 years ago so I should just tell her, "Just stop. it's that simple." (Although it wasn't) Actually this diet reminds me very much of stopping smoking I have to say. It's the same sort of emotions I'm going through.

Thank you Wales and Nicola for your support. I'm great again this morning. But it just is so hard at times. I know I couldn't do this without you lot, honestly. The support is amazing.
Everytime I tell people about this diet they raise their eyebrows and say, "all you need to do is eat less and exercise more. it's that simple" If it was that simple to do I would be thin. One woman at work who can't stop smoking and wants to says that to me all the time. I gave up smoking 6 years ago so I should just tell her, "Just stop. it's that simple." (Although it wasn't) Actually this diet reminds me very much of stopping smoking I have to say. It's the same sort of emotions I'm going through.

Thats what i find people always say things you just don't want to hear , I gave up smoking 4 and half years ago and yes you get the same feelings like withdrawing symptons then they pass then there , but it does get easier .
see I also find that other diets are too long and give up too this way its fast but painful at times lol

Back