Did I do it right? Advice please

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Food Diaries' started by Knittingden, 27 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Knittingden

Knittingden Member

Diet:
    SW
    Hi all
    I've only just started SW this week after reading about it in a magazine here (I'm in TX, USA, but originally from England). I have no other literature other than what I've read on line, and then I found these wonderful forums :). After reading many posts in the overseas section and asking many questions I think I've finally started understanding the whole SW concept. :)

With that said I'd be grateful if anyone could look at my food diary for today, EE, and help me with syn values.

Breakfast: coffee w/ 1 tbsp coffee creamer- does anyone know the syn value for this?
    28g Total Bran cereal HExb
    4oz 2% milk, part of HExa
    Banana

Lunch:
    Large salad w/ 2tbsp ff thousand island dressing (syn value ?)
    Baked potato w/ shrimp. Marinara sauce was made with ff Greek yogurt + ketchup

Snack: Archers Farm ff yogurt
    Peach

Dinner: Chicken Chow Mein. Recipe from SW recipe on iPad app.

Evening treat: WW icecream bar, 120 cals, I'm guessing about 6 syns

Would appreciate any info/advice. Thanks guys

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Knittingden

Knittingden Member

Diet:
    SW
    Can anyone check my food for yesterday and let me know if I'm doing this right? I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks so much.

4. BritMumInCanada

BritMumInCanada Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Looks like you are doing well. For things with no free food allowance (snacks type foods, sauces, ice cream, dressings etc) you can use 1 syn for every 20 calories.

So you can use that for the creamer, dressing, ketchup and ice cream etc

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.