Slimming World - Am I doing it right?!?

Belle21

Hi all

Ive just started attempting Slimming World about 2 weeks ago, doing it on my own (borrowed MotherInLaws books, cant afford/dont have time for the group unfortunately) I think I understand the general idea but not really losing anything. Am I expecting too much too soon or am I going wrong somewhere??

On an average day I have the following

Breakfast
Mixed berries+fat free greek yogurt

Mid morning snack
Banana

Lunch
Lean turkey sandwich on wholemeal bread or chicken salad
Grapes
Sometimes a muller light yogurt if still hungry

Dinner
SW chilli or SW spag bol
Apple

Drinks
Coffee (measure out my milk for the day every morning)
Reduced sugar squash

I've also started trying to exercise more (30min walk most weekdays from work to town centre for my bus home) and going on wii fit 2-3 times a week

I would really appreciate any advice, thank you in advance! ☺️ xx

Todays meals
Breakfast
SW Blueberry pancakes - (heb) 1 syn
Lunch
Prawn salad
Tea
SW spag bol with cheese (1/2 hea)
Snacks
Fruit salad
Muller light yogurt
Drinks
Coffee (milk 1/2 hea)
Squash
Total syns - 1syn :)

Attachments

• 2017-03-27 19.39.40.jpg
    2017-03-27 19.39.40.jpg
    877.8 KB · Views: 13
I would up the syns as they recommend you have between 5 and 15 a day.
If you start off to low then if you stall you have nothing to reduce.
Also with exercise when you first start you may not see the results you want on the scales but you may instead see your measurements go down. :)

Thanks @craftermary :) I have noticed my tummy slowly disappearing which is great, although the weight at the moment is the most important thing for me. I have been trying to use around 8-10 syns a day, to be honest I'm abit worried syn wise this week as I'm going out for tea tomorrow (birthday tea for MIL) then on Friday going for a 3 course set meal(!) for my friends birthday so I'm thinking if I dont really use any on the other days it'll balance out??

Unless you just haven't mentioned it, you need to be drinking a lot more water.
Have you lost anything at all? You should expect to see a decent drop on the scales by 2 weeks?

Ive been drinking alot of squash (only weak+sugar free) because i dont like water on its own, does that count?! Ive lost about 3 1/2lbs in the last week so i think im getting the hang of it now, just need to not go too mad on these nights out now!
So far today i had
Breakfast
Mixed berries with greek yogurt
Lunch
SW leek+potato soup with a wholemeal breadcake (heb)
Grapes
Snacks
Carrot sticks
Drinks
Coffee (milk hea)
Squash

Im not looking at the menu at the pub so im not tempted by anything too bad, i will be good+ask for steak with a jacket potato+plain salad with a diet coke maybe with some vodka :p ...

I thought that squash was syned, even sugar free. As I remember having a hard time trying to find specifically what SW allows. I could be wrong though so don't take that as gospel!

Food wise looks great though, you should be loosing. Also obviously take into account menstruation and the change in weight over the month due to that :rolleyes:

Oh no don't tell me that, thats pretty much all I've drunk thinkingi was been good cos it was free! Its sainsburys double strength cheap stuff, does anyone know the syn value please? (please say free :p) i havent been using alot of syns on food so probably not 2 bad, is there any still cold drinks that are free? I cant drink pop all the time! Yep I've not long since finished+felt the difference

Sticking on plan today i hope unless theres a gazillion in the squash!
Breakfast
Mixed fruit with greek yogurt+bran (heb)
Dinner
Prawn salad
Grapes
Tea will be
SW chilli with rice
Snacks
Carrot sticks
Drinks
Coffee (milk hea)
Squash!

Last edited:
Phew! Thanks @Passion fruit :) I've been drinking even more this week cos I've been running around at work alot so I really panicked! Just sat eating an apple while everyone else has choc cake, didnt know i had this much willpower!

Not sure where I read that about squash then!

Looks like you're doing great though! I drink peppermint/green/lemon/camomile/red berry tea throughout the day at work. it's amazing how much liquid you can get through.

After some googling i found not all squash is free, only sugar free/reduced sugar squash under 5 calories per serving :) it really is especially now its getting abit warmer, might have to try some of those teas

Another on plan day, think ive finally found the right diet plan for me!
Breakfast
Mixed berries and greek yogurt
Dinner
SW leek+potato soup
Grapes
Tea
SW chicken korma with rice
Poppadom - 2.5syns
Snacks
Carrot sticks
Drinks
Coffee (hea milk)
Squash
Small rose wine - 6syns (MIL made me :p)
Total syns - 8.5
Going to weigh myself in the morning, hoping for a good start to the day :)

Last edited:
Could anyone please tell me if evian fruit & plants water is free (the raspberry 1)? I took soup 2 work the other day but it had gone off :( so got meal deal from boots. I got this drink but havent drunk it yet as I'd already got 1,i assumed it would b free but just seen some flavoured waters are synned?? Thanks in advance! X

Could anyone please tell me if evian fruit & plants water is free (the raspberry 1)? I took soup 2 work the other day but it had gone off :( so got meal deal from boots. I got this drink but havent drunk it yet as I'd already got 1,i assumed it would b free but just seen some flavoured waters are synned?? Thanks in advance! X
Evian Fruit & Plant Mineral Water with Rasberry Juice & Verbena (250ml) 3 Syns

Thank you! Thats annoying, I went for that instead of diet coke thinking it was better for me :oops: never mind, it was a nice change :)

I'm stuck again :oops: really fancy sausages for tea, I've got some sainsburys be good to yourself ones in the freezer but when I've Google them the syn value varies from 0.5-4syns?! I'm planning on having 2 and that will be my only syns for the day so I suppose it doesn't matter really. With hubby's bday celebrations then Easter and a week off work so out every day for dinner I've not had the best week and to top it off Aunt Flows decided to pay a visit, back on track next week I think!

Sainsburys Be Good to Yourself Cumberland Sausages, 50% Less Fat, chilled 8 pack (57g each) 1 Syn

Sainsburys Be Good to Yourself Cumberland Sausages 30% Less Fat, frozen 12 pack (50g each) 2 1/2 Syns.

I hope that helps?

Thank you @Mini, it really did help. I really wanted a fry up so went for it and now know it was only 2 syns for the lot :) batch cooking day today, determined to keep going even though I just want to give up+just pig out at the moment :oops: I think once I'm back at work and not tempted by the kitchen cupboards I'll get back into the right mood!

Aww that's great:)

Well, you are certainly well organised doing your batch cooking and when you are back in your work routine it will hopefully reduce temptation. If you feel like eating go for free foods like protein which helps curb hunger...if it's comfort I find beans on toast is like a hug...or a big bowl of mixed fruit with a dollop of quark helps my sweet craving.

In the meantime write down some mini goals you would like to achieve over the coming weeks and stick them on the fridge or somewhere you can see them to help keep you motivated.

Back