Did my Atkins shopping today!!

Sez

has started again!!
Oh wow!! This healthy eating thing can be pricy cant it!!! I bought some lovely meat, salad greens (I love romaine lettuce!!) and plenty of other stuff I still cant quite get my head around!! Butter, cream and cheddar!!!!

I plan on a salad lunch at work, tuna, egg, lettuce, cucumber and couple cherry toms with a little mayo - sound ok? I will have chicken mainly as I love it, and also will make my own cheese filled burgers too.

I see I can have rhubarb in induction week; is it ok with some sweetner and a little cream as a dessert?

The other thing I noticed was how long it actually took to do the shop. Eg I bough some mayo, read the label on godd old Hellmans, then Asda own brand to see which was lower carb - Hellmans won!! Doing that several times over took far longer than expected!

I am looking forward to startin as and from Monday I will update my signature to show my start weight and weight to lose etc, along with posting a diary page as often as I can, if that ok?? I would love you experiencd dieters to put me right ifI need it please?

Thanks everyone!! Roll on the new me......AGAIN!!!!!

xx

Just want to wish you good luck! xx

Wishing you luck too.......just ordered the atkins book, on hols next week then i'll be joining you!!!! be good to see how you get on hun x

Wishing you luck too.......just ordered the atkins book, on hols next week then i'll be joining you!!!! be good to see how you get on hun x

I havent got the book yet, but I have found this website great. Atkins Nutritional I have printed loads of info off from it, including a list of allowed foods for the induction phase etc.

I think what I am really going to need is a carb counter (are they in booklet form?) so that when I need to shop, or eat out, I can stay on track.

Have a great holiday and we'll work together when you get back!!! Good luck!

yep you can get a little carb counter book by atkins!

sez, you can have sugar free jelly on induction!

sue x

yes sugar free jelly with cream is lovely, and the rhubarb too.
the shopping bill is alot more, but not as much as LL,CD,SF etc....
try cutting the cheese into small square slices & micro them for about 3 mins, once cool are like cheesey crisps, lovely with mayo & garlic dip............there alot more filling than usual crisps so you dont go overboard with them.

Thanks Sun for tip re rhubarb, and the tip re cheese Buffy dog!! Sounds like this might actually be the one for me!

Of course today I am doing all the wrong things..... I know you are supposed to prep for low carb, but I have had a veritable carb fest this weekend!! Nothing like making things really tough on yourself tho!!

Mind you, I bought myself a lovely new lunch box to take my salads to work, and quite fancy preparing my own lunch along with everyone else's sandwiches. Makes a change from a shake a la CD!!

Cheers Guys!! Onwards & Downwards!

xx

good luck hun, it really really does work, if I can lose 7lbs in 2 weeks with only a stone to lose it proves that it really is brilliant, doesnt feel like you're dieting at all.

sue xx

Back