Diet Clears Pilot, arrested for failing breathaliser...

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by tommee2004, 7 April 2007 Social URL.

1. tommee2004

tommee2004 Full Member

Lighter Life

I know this isn't related to Lighter Life as such, but I found it quite interesting - the pilot who got arrested last week, for apparently being drunk, was actually on a 'heavy diet' and the smell of his breath / acetones caused him to fail the breathaliser test!!

Shocking but made my laugh! ;-)
  2. Avatar Matched Content

3. Trancer

Trancer Member

Lighter Life
    Not that funny if you get stopped by the cops while driving and fail their breathalyzer too.

I wonder how much grief you would be put through until they realized. I know they give you another test back at the station, but thats just another breathalyzer too so I guess you could request (insist?) on a blood test?.

I know they two your car too, I wonder who pays for the recovery costs if you are found to be sober and it was their error?.

I wouldn't be pleased if I still had to pay.
  4. Trancer

Trancer Member

Lighter Life

Is there an edit button I am missing?
  5. tommee2004

tommee2004 Full Member

Lighter Life
    next to the quote button, bottom right of your post - its like a piece of paper with a quill.

I agree, would not be funny in the car situation! But if this happened, of course i'd insist on a blood test, considering I haven't touched alcohol for the last 8 weeks, I think I'd be heart broken if it did happen to me...but I think I would still find it funny because mentally I'd know it is a mistake. :)
  6. Cerulean

Cerulean Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    CD Step 5/Low GI
    The first thing I thought when I heard that story was 'I wonder if he was in ketosis?'!

As far as I know - if one of us got pulled over, they can't convict based on the breathalyser test alone - it has to be backed up by blood tests. But I wonder if LL will issue any information on this as I'm sure the story will concern people who don't have Virgin's legal team to back us up!
  7. SoonBeSlim... It'sTrue!

SoonBeSlim... It'sTrue! Full Member

Lighter Life
    This is really interesting, and will bear this in mind if ever I get pulled over! :giggle:
  8. katie_oxo

katie_oxo Silver Member

Me too! Imagine getting done for being drunk in charge of a vehicle when you haven't had the luxury of even having one sip!

Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.