• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Diet Clears Pilot, arrested for failing breathaliser...

Not that funny if you get stopped by the cops while driving and fail their breathalyzer too.

I wonder how much grief you would be put through until they realized. I know they give you another test back at the station, but thats just another breathalyzer too so I guess you could request (insist?) on a blood test?.

I know they two your car too, I wonder who pays for the recovery costs if you are found to be sober and it was their error?.

I wouldn't be pleased if I still had to pay.

next to the quote button, bottom right of your post - its like a piece of paper with a quill.

I agree, would not be funny in the car situation! But if this happened, of course i'd insist on a blood test, considering I haven't touched alcohol for the last 8 weeks, I think I'd be heart broken if it did happen to me...but I think I would still find it funny because mentally I'd know it is a mistake. :)

Cerulean

Silver Member
The first thing I thought when I heard that story was 'I wonder if he was in ketosis?'!

As far as I know - if one of us got pulled over, they can't convict based on the breathalyser test alone - it has to be backed up by blood tests. But I wonder if LL will issue any information on this as I'm sure the story will concern people who don't have Virgin's legal team to back us up!

This is really interesting, and will bear this in mind if ever I get pulled over! :giggle:

katie_oxo

Silver Member
Me too! Imagine getting done for being drunk in charge of a vehicle when you haven't had the luxury of even having one sip!

Cath