Diet pills? Proceed with caution or a God send?

devotchka

Hi all,
I have lately been thinking about using Alli or Adios as a diet aid to speed up my losses.

Just wondering if anyone has used them in conjunction with slimming world and to what result? Or any advice would be much appreciated.

They are expensive, and I am a lowly, skint student, so I need opinion before I consent to being robbed by the chemist.:p

i personally wouldn't use them, but that's not to say you shouldn't. i don't know enough about them. My doctor once offered to prescribe me something similar, so if money is tight go to your docs, tell them you're on SW and you're losing but feel you need more help and they might prescribe them to you.

the thing that put me off was the 'discharge'. i don't want to poop suddenly! hahaha!

Hi devotchka,

i am taking xencial(alli) and doing slimming world!!!!

i was prescribed them by my doctor and i chose to do slimming world while taking them.

im giving them about a month to see if they boost my weight loss anymore then just doing sw on its own!!

so far so good though,the ones from the chemist alli are half the strenght of xencial(proper name for it)from the doctors!!

i hope this might help!!!!

and yeah it takes some getting used to the toliet motion stuff lol:eek:

i have also used adios and they didnt help me at all!!!:mad:

Thanks ladies!
I had no idea you could get them through the doctors!
When I tarted dieting, I was almost four stone overweight, and I have lost nearly two on my own, so do you think they'll turn me away because I haven't got that much to lose?

I want to go, but too scared of her thinking I'm just being lazy =/

And what do you mean, toilet motions? How bad are we talking?
I have to admit, I get a little... ahem... bunged up doing SW, as I eat a lot of fibrous foods.

Well first of all hun your BMI has to be over 30 to get the tablets!

Toliet motions ? lol
well ill be straight with you,if u intake to much fat or oily food it basically comes out the other end bright orange!!!

and sometimes youcan gt cut short for the loo if u know wot i mean;)

and the nicest of all u can get wind and sometimes(im laughing as im typing this lol)when u do pass wind some of the orangey discharge comes out !!!:eek:

From someone that has tried nearly every trick in the book.....stick to the sw plan, it works and there are no nasty side effects, and its far healthier!

From a purely personal view, I would'nt touch any kind of slimming tablets, I am losing weight slowly and steadily with SW and I am happy with that.

Whatever tablets you decide to take, I wish you well with them.

ive tried adios and they dont do anything... wouldnt recommend wasting your money. Ive tried rlly strong slimming tablets before sw and they made me shake sometimes, i didnt lose cos i wasnt eating healthy but i didnt put anythin on. However i wouldnt recommend them as ur health is more important.

I aint taking them by choice,:(

my doctor prescribed them,i didnt ask for them!!

i think its a bit different when your my size(starting weight 30 stone 3lb !!)
and the doctor says you have to do something about it,
they were even comtemplating surgery!!:eek:
but wanted to try me on xencial first!
When you say its healthier not to take them...i didnt have a choice i wish i didnt have too..:mad:

Hi Starlight,

i wss thinking of stopping them and just doing sw,
ive done sw before and lost 6 stone(with out xencial)
that was about 4 yrs ago but since then put it all back on plus another 8 stone on top!
i think thats why docs put me on them,coz i put so much more on!
i was only thinking over last few days to stop taking them as i do feel they might not be working so well with the sw diet!

My doctor put me on them but because I was following WW and eating low fat there wasnt really anything for them to work with so I packed them in. Didnt make any difference to my losses at all :) i think theyre great if youre struggling to stick to a plan but if youre already motivated Im not sure if they make that much of a difference, dont know about you but I dont like taking things I dont need to take

Yeah i know wot you mean,gonna give sw on its own another go as im loving the plan at the mo and hopfully it will all drop off lol

I think it absolutely depends on the person, sometimes they work, other times they don't.
I think when you're very over weight, they can really make a difference, otherwise why would an educated medical professional prescribe them?

I think I will stay away, they're a bit too expensive for something that may or may not work.

Even the chemist will assess if you should have them, and I don't think you'll qualify. Why subject your body to powerful chemicals when you don't have to. Save your money and spend a little on delish superspeed foods like strawberries! The more I eat them the more I lose.

Well first of all hun your BMI has to be over 30 to get the tablets!

Toliet motions ? lol
well ill be straight with you,if u intake to much fat or oily food it basically comes out the other end bright orange!!!

and sometimes youcan gt cut short for the loo if u know wot i mean;)

and the nicest of all u can get wind and sometimes(im laughing as im typing this lol)when u do pass wind some of the orangey discharge comes out !!!:eek:

Tanny xxx Pmsl at your honest xxx

lol its funny aint it hun:p

ive stopped taking them now to see the difference when i get weighed on tuesday!!!!

Back