Dinner Party Recipies - Please help!

Kim_bee

I am having some friends round for dinner on saturday, and they are all dedicated users of butter, oil and cheese in EVERYTHING!

So I need to cook something that fits to my slimming world (im on extra easy) AND satisfys their need for delicious food!

Does anyone have any thoughts or favourite dishes I could try?

Thankyou!

What kind of food would you normally cool them?

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Usually I would make some kind of big stew or pasta dish, or risotto. Something I can make a big pan of then dish out :)

Kim_bee said:
Usually I would make some kind of big stew or pasta dish, or risotto. Something I can make a big pan of then dish out :)

That sounds very easy to do for SW - there's plenty of recipes like that on here.

I make SW friendly spag Bol, shepherds pie, rissotos, paella to name a few. A casserole is also very easy to do to.

Have a look on My Wise Main Meal Recipes on the recipe thread . There's a load there or Bilsat has loadsa great recipes as does Britmum in Canada.

Kx

Thankyou! I was having a massive panic this morning, as all my friends are against "slimming" foods!

Kim_bee said:
Thankyou! I was having a massive panic this morning, as all my friends are against "slimming" foods!

Don't tell them!!'

Kwise1 said:
Don't tell them!!'

I agree lol. Just keep schtum. There's plenty of recipes that don't taste remotely 'diet' and you could leave some oil on the table for them to drizzle themselves if they love it so much lol

Legomom said:
I agree lol. Just keep schtum. There's plenty of recipes that don't taste remotely 'diet' and you could leave some oil on the table for them to drizzle themselves if they love it so much lol

Or cheese lol

My rissotos use butter and Parmesan and tast rather naughty indeed!!

A roast always tastes naughty too!!!

Kx

Don't tell them!!'

Thats what I intend to do! You know when you have friends who tell you all the time "I dont know how you can cook without butter/cheese/whatever, it doesnt taste as good!", so I intend to make a delicious SW friendly meal, that tastes so good they dont notice how healthy it is!

Let me know what you make and how it goes

made your thai prawn curry and sweet potato curry! they were both absolutely lovely!

What did everyone think? You know it does annoy me when people say things like that. My Dh is a bit like it, if he cooks he adds loads of oil. But he always enjoys my food lots. X

They all loved it!! Was really pleased! One of the girls who came round is doing SW too so we had a good giggle that the others couldnt tell it was diet food :)

Kim_bee said:
They all loved it!! Was really pleased! One of the girls who came round is doing SW too so we had a good giggle that the others couldnt tell it was diet food :)

So pleased to hear that!!

Kx

You could make a stew or casserole very easily and stick completely to slimming world - I often make a Jamie Oliver one (Jools favourite beef stew) - in fact making it for tomorrows dinner as my nanna and granda are coming for dinner.

I skip the butter and oil and the flour (which is used as a thickener but I skip it anyway). I vary the veg that goes in it and use sweet potatoes instead of normal (just cos I like them better in the stew). I syn the wine but put less than it says in it.

I serve with green veg (as there is other veg in the stew already).

Desert wise I would either do a slimming world individual trifle (i love these and make them often at only 3.5 syns a portion) - or I buy a cheesecake and work out the syns at 20 cals per portion).

Starter wise you could make a soup or do some griddled prawns or melon and parma ham (or even peaches and parma ham which i prefer)!!

Back