Extra Easy Disappointed

Someday

Only just recently found this site, perhaps someone could help me. I am 22 and a half stone and have lost 3stone so far since March on extra easy. However just lately I either have tiny losses of half pound or stay the same.I am getting so disappointed as there is a girl who weighs much much less than me and consistently loses 2 pounds every week, I do like my food (the reason I am so much overweight).Am I eating too much of the free foods, however I very rarely eat above 3 or 4 syns. I am 59 years old and my mobility is poor due to severe arthritis. What can I do I stick to the plan, I just so badly want to succeed this time. Has anyone else got this much weight to lose, I read success stories like the man who lost 12stone in under a year following extra easy so what am I doing wrong. Please please someone come to my aid xxx:confused:

Hi Someday
I would try to eat all your syns, they are there to be used and sometimes eating more can kick start the losses again.
HP x

Hi,
I understand how you feel a bit. My losses slowed down on extra easy after just a couple of weeks. I am trying to work a couple of red and green days into the week as other people have said this works for them. I am also trying not to concentrate too much on other peoples losses. Although other people can be an inspiration we are all different and I think we all lose weight differently so try not to get discouraged.

You have done really well though to lose three stone so be proud of yourself.

Agree with the above I tried doing a few green days and my losses have been consistent. I started at 19st 10 1/2lbs now 17st, started at some point in march. So my losses havnt been massive every week, averaging at 1-2lbs in recent weeks but consistent.

So there's the other plans to try and also like someone above me said, try eating more syns!! At the weight you are, you need more and if you don't eat enough food your body will hold on to its fat supplies rather than burn it. I think you posted on another thread yesterday and said you were having just salad or fruit for lunch, so I really think you're not eating enough. Why not try writing a food diary on here? It helps you keep track and also people can point anything you're doing wrong, if you are.

Hey Someday,

First of all - congratulations on the weight loss that you have had so far!

I know that it is disheartening, but you are still loosing weight - thats the main thing. I went through something similar to you, and I found that throwing in the odd red day really sped up my losses. The other thing that I quite often do is drink plenty of fluid, that normally helps :)

Good luck! x

I don't have very much too lose but I find it slow going like you do. I lost 21 lbs following SW onmy own but I now seem stuck. I actually joined class last week and I have been following EE. Come Monday we willsee what happens as at the moment I don't think I 've lost anything.

Hi Someday.
Welcome to SW and this site, congrats on your weight loss so far, write a food diary, remember to add EVERYTHING you eat, then we can help you if there is something wrong!
I eat all my syns (and sometimes more!) every day, starting with a breakfast of 2 toast with baked beans, 1 egg, 1 apple, 1 glass of cordial and a cup of coffee.
My main meal is at lunchtime,an example is Peanut curry, boiled rice and a plate of salad, followed with fruit.
Suppertime, Spaghetti Carbonara and a plate of salad, followed with fruit.
My daily allowance of skimmed milk of 375mL is used in cups of coffee.
If I feel peckish I have some more fruit.

Last weeks dinner foods were as below all followed with salad:

Friday: Dinner,Spanish chicken Supper,Chicken stir-fry
Saturday:Dinner, Potato wedges,sausages,beans & mushrooms Supper, Egg omlette & ham,
Sunday: Dinner, Roast chicken with roasted veg, Supper, Spaghetti on toast
Monday: Dinner, Peanut curry, Supper,Salmon & couscous
Tuesday: Dinner,Spaghetti Bolonese, Supper, Potato, tomato & bacon salad
Wednesday: Dinner, Yuk Sung, Supper, Chicken Chargrill & potatoes
Thursday: Dinner, Mushroom risotto, Supper, Bacon & Egg

At the last weigh-in I had lost another 2.5lbs!
Good luck & stick to it!
(all recipes are on my recipe book, follow the link below)
Pete

Thankyou Rochelle I did put up another post but could not find it anywhere, which is why I did it again. Perhaps I must bite the bullet and try eating a bit more and have some syns, I have been afraid of putting weight on. So perhaps a nice but counted syn tomorrow would be good. Thankyou

Thank you everyone for your advice, it does seem that I am not eating enough, perhaps a counted Kit Kat is called for, will hopefully if I can find this place again let you all know the weight loss this coming Thursday, so fingers crossed x

Hi Someday - you've done really well losing the first 3 stone and I'm sure more will follow - you sound really determined.

I was just wondering - you mentioned you have mobility problems . . . . . . don't worry, I'm not going to ask what body magic you favour (you can concentrate of exercise later). .Do you only eat when you're hungry, or perhaps out of habit or when you're bored? .I can so relate to both - I now realise how unconciously I must've eaten hundreds & hundreds of unnecessary calories.

Even until relatively recently, I was even eating when I got up in the morning - I was't hungry but it was time for breakfast - wasn't it??????? .Now I listen to my body and only eat when i'm hungry, not when the clock hits a certain time.

Drinking plenty is something else that's helped me too.

Good luck.

Someday said:
Only just recently found this site, perhaps someone could help me. I am 22 and a half stone and have lost 3stone so far since March on extra easy. However just lately I either have tiny losses of half pound or stay the same.I am getting so disappointed as there is a girl who weighs much much less than me and consistently loses 2 pounds every week, I do like my food (the reason I am so much overweight).Am I eating too much of the free foods, however I very rarely eat above 3 or 4 syns. I am 59 years old and my mobility is poor due to severe arthritis. What can I do I stick to the plan, I just so badly want to succeed this time. Has anyone else got this much weight to lose, I read success stories like the man who lost 12stone in under a year following extra easy so what am I doing wrong. Please please someone come to my aid xxx:confused:

Up the water that's a major one I try to have at least 2 litres a day and try to get more excercise (swimming is fantastic and doesn't put excess pressure on joints) also is your 1/3 superfree actually superfree parsnips corn and peas cannot be a part of the superfree on your plate as they are higher in carbs and sugars. Also do you eat a lot of grapes or bananas because some people find that even though these are sf they can slow losses as they are higher calorie fruit than the rest. If that's still not working try half superfree .... Oh and try to aim for between 5 and 15 syns as sw says to ..... Trust the plan its hard to think you can lose weight but it does work

Try to focus on your own losses, rather than comparing yourself to others - this is a recipe for disaster, in my book! Unfortunately, some people are lucky and can just lose faster than others - someone losing twelve stone in a year is definitely the exception rather than the norm. As long as you are still losing, you are going in the right direction :) And congratulations on your fab loss so far! You have lost 3 stone in five months which is fantastic.

Maybe it's just time to re-read your books and act as if you are on your first week again - plan all your meals, make sure you're getting enough superfree, measure your healthy extras etc etc. Maybe follow one of the meal plans from the magazine.

who_la_hoop said:
Try to focus on your own losses, rather than comparing yourself to others - this is a recipe for disaster, in my book! Unfortunately, some people are lucky and can just lose faster than others - someone losing twelve stone in a year is definitely the exception rather than the norm. As long as you are still losing, you are going in the right direction :) And congratulations on your fab loss so far! You have lost 3 stone in five months which is fantastic.

Maybe it's just time to re-read your books and act as if you are on your first week again - plan all your meals, make sure you're getting enough superfree, measure your healthy extras etc etc. Maybe follow one of the meal plans from the magazine.

3 st in 5 months is awesome I've lost 2 in 8 months and that works out to about a lb a week and I'm happy with that my losses are a lot smaller now I'm smaller less to lose I suppose .... My body is trying to hang on to some lol

Hi everyone, well I took the bull by the horns and for the last few days ate most of my syn allowance, last night I lost 1and half pounds, so this week will enjoy eating syns again. thank you all for your help. Also if I squash a banana onto my healthy B bread is it still syn free? or would I be better to slice it, only I do like banana on toast some mornings with extra superfree fruit on the side. x

Someday said:
Hi everyone, well I took the bull by the horns and for the last few days ate most of my syn allowance, last night I lost 1and half pounds, so this week will enjoy eating syns again. thank you all for your help. Also if I squash a banana onto my healthy B bread is it still syn free? or would I be better to slice it, only I do like banana on toast some mornings with extra superfree fruit on the side. x

Slice it mashed has syns

Back