Disappointed

Daniellebaby15

Well today was my end of 4th week weigh in and I've put on +2lbs :cry: don't know how?!?!?

Pharmacist asked if I'd stuck to diet which I have and have been to gym twice this week too. Don't understand how I can put on +2lbs when I have done everything and more than the other weeks.

Gutted totally :cry:but even though I got weighed a few hours earlier than normal which I know can effect your body weight by -/+2lbs even taking that into account it would mean I have stated the same how can this be?

So disappointed I just want to cry :cry:

Oh dear I can imagine your disappointment after such a huge effort too. Did u drink a lot before getting weighed or are you a little constipated - either could account for a couple of pounds. I bet you'll get a big number next week!

Niether I was a little constipated in the morning but that had eased and I had rushed out of work on lunch break so didn't get time for a drunk or shake till got back :-(

Maybe you gained a little muscle. You have still done amazing in 4 weeks.

So sorry that's happened to you. :( Could it be water retention? You can put on 5 or 6lb before your period (and lose it again during it).

OMG I really feel for you, I would be absolutely gutted myself. That said, I would encourage you to try and stay positive for just one more week and see if this is just a bad reading, maybe the scales were off todY but I wouldn't get too disheartened because it's i possible to put fat on doing this diet so it's either faulty reading, fluid retention, maye still bit of constipation, maybe slight muscle weight but it cannot be fat. Don't know if I've helped or made you feel worse but he intention is to try and keep you positive. Xx

Thank you everyone for your support and kind words, after some long talking with my mum too, we have decided its probably due to TOTM as I've been very moody (many emotions) today also that muscle weighs more than fat and the fact that I have been weighed 4/4.30 hours earlier than normal so will put this one down as a blip and get weighed again middle of week at normal time to see if that makes any difference.

But I am going to stick with it for at least another 3 more weeks to see what happens as I have done so well do far :)

Thank you everyone again for the excellent support and kind words means a lot to me :)

I have read through a lot of posts going back over many months and I have seen quite a few mentions of people putting on weight in weeks that they went to the gym or done strenuous exercise. It doesn't make a lot of sense but it seems an interesting trend for some people. Annie could be right about the muscle gain even if you only done cardio esp treadmill running/sit ups but I wonder if there are any other changes that happen chemically that could result in a slow down when you do certain exercises.

Interesting.

Daniellebaby15 said:
Thank you everyone for your support and kind words, after some long talking with my mum too, we have decided its probably due to TOTM as I've been very moody (many emotions) today also that muscle weighs more than fat and the fact that I have been weighed 4/4.30 hours earlier than normal so will put this one down as a blip and get weighed again middle of week at normal time to see if that makes any difference.

But I am going to stick with it for at least another 3 more weeks to see what happens as I have done so well do far :)

Thank you everyone again for the excellent support and kind words means a lot to me :)

So glad you are going to stick with it - fair play!!

I don't think that the muscle weight gain is a valid reason. On this diet we lose muscle mass because of the nature of it so going to the gym or any exercise should really only either slow down the loss or help us maintain what we had. You would need to do some serious weight training to start building muscle. As I say, just my opinion. I've always exercised whilst on Lipotrim and I've never gained weight but as you say Shake, it could be different for each person.

This sounds like water retention to me, try upping your water allowance. Big hug...remember life is easy is blooming dieting that's hard xxxxxx

Could this be due to the fact I now have a cold? thanks to my partner :( who also has a possible chest infection too bless him.

I have also noticed I have become very moody which may mean TOTM could be due but as its alway been irregular I never know.

Any thoughts? Thanks again for support all :)

Hi Danielle,

You and I started about the same time, and you are smaller than me in weight to begin with. and seeing your scores, you are already doing much better than me!!! So be really pleased with yourself :)
I have my weigh in on Friday morning, and know already it isnt going to be good!
I have stuck to the diet PERFECTLY, but I do weigh myself every morning after I get up and go the loo.
As an incentive, I have been marking my weight on a chart since I began, and it has really worked for me. I have literally seen my weight drop every day, by anything between 1/4 lb or more. BUt, over the last 4 days, I have been stuck at 14.10. I have done nothing diffferently (except miss the odd food here and there), but the weight has just stopped.
I had an ectopic pregnancy at the beginning of the year and my periods are all over the place. I am only 16 days into my cycle, but think that this might be a build up to my TOTM, as my last 2 periods were a 20 day cycle
So, like you, I am just going to hang in there for 1 more week or so, and see what happens with my body.
Am certainly dissappointed that no weight is moving, but you and I have worked too hard to allow this blip to affect us!!
We have to be strong minded about this and dont let us beat us :D :D :D

TOM - The bain of our lives girls!! This is why I think its water retention Dan, because I am in the same boat, I am weighing really low at the moment (at least a 5lb loss) but Friday (TOM on Saturday) I normally gain anywhere between 4-7lbs. In fairness (rightly or wrongly) I will take water tablets on Thursday to disperse the dreaded water gain for my Friday Weigh in.

Whether that has an adverse effect, I will let you know xx

PS - You know if it's water retention if you have drank loads but you are just not weeing or when you go it's a trickle!

Oh no I can imagine how disappointed u are ((( big hugs ))))) :)
I agree with everyone....here to a good week for u xx

L

Well I got weighed again today and normal time and pharmacist has check scales before I arrived and I have lost 6lb since Monday!! So feeling much better as he thinks it's just water retention due to cold and possible TOTM.

Thank you to everyone for your support and kind words will stick with this as nearly there :)

Hi Danielle Dont let one weigh in get you down it will sort it's self out over the next week so long as you are true to the diet and most importantly true to your self, Keep the faith And chin up girl your still winning the war! :girlpower:

YAY great news then!

All is not lost

Back