do u need to eat breakfast with slimming world?

I don't eat breakfast, and it has not effected my weight loss. In fact, the opposite.My weight losses were much better when I stopped. Now I only eat when I am hungry and I am never hungry in the morning.
With me, when I did eat breakfast, even if it was fruit or yogurt it kicked started my hunger and I was hungry all day.

I am exactly the same - I tend to just have a coffee in the morning and then at about 10.30 - 11 I'll have a piece of fruit and maybe an alpen light

I just tried Hifi bars for the first time this week - you can get them from class and they are lush...........a bit too lush lol!

I love breakfast luckily but I agree that if I dont eat anything I dont get hungry till later on - but your metabolism is still slow till you eat - catch 22!!!!

defo going 2 start haveing breakfast when i start on wed!!

hi jen3 are u just starting slimming world this week 2 or have u done it b4? kelx

I never used to eat breakfast until I joined SW, now I always look forward to eating it, it sets me up for the day.

I know everyone is different but to me it's very important not to fast too much. I go to the gym in the evening with my husband once a week and often the next morning I would wake up with a horrid migraine. If I worked out during the day I was okay. After a couple of years of this I eventually discovered that if I had a good snack after the gym in the evening I had no migraine the next morning.

Fasting for a long time and having a low blood sugar level does have a big impact on your body. For some people this can have quite bad effects, so it's worth bearing in mind that you probably function better with having breakfast. However, we're all different and some people are worse off having breakfast.

I nearly always have breakfast, especially when on placement as I'm up really early and won't have the chance to eat until lunch! As I'm usually rushing on a morning, it tends to be yoghurt and fruit and a cup of tea. I also love Magic Porridge (thanks to Donnie posting it!) which is 1oz/28g (one HEb choice) of porridge oats mixed in with a mullerlight yoghurt (free) and left in the fridge overnight. This means I have nothing to prepare in the morning - just take out the fridge and enjoy!
On a weekend however I do like to have a hot breakfast - things like quorn sausages, poached eggs, beans etc.

SW does not force you to have meals at set times - the best advice is just to eat when you're hungry.

ohhhh love the sound of the magic Porridge, well 4 the kid's my wee 1 would live on Porridge if i gave her the chance lol!!
i am soo going 2 try and eat somthing 4b i leave, i go 2 the gym some morning's with just 2 cup's of coffee, that may explane the sore heads i get when i come out and feel quite sick!! take's a few hours 2 feel better!! k x

I didn't eat breakfast before SW, I didn't like cereal as a kid and never started in my adult life. I always thought that I didn't have time, etc.

I now manage to fit in 2 FF yogurts, either 2 Ryvita fruit crunch or 1 Alpen light (I like the other as an afternoon snack), a banana and usually some fresh fruit - all before 11am when I'm at work!

After almost 6 weeks I think I would really miss it if I stopped now! I have a really busy morning (I hate getting up early) and I'm glad that I manage to fit it in now, so do give it a go if you can, it does have its benefits.

i try to get a breakfast in to get my metabolism going - but see how you get on, if you are still losing and not having brekkie, dont stress too much about it!

If however your losses are not as you would expect, then maybe start to have a brekkie!

Simples! x

Back