Do you all exercise? If so what do you do?

8889jenny

Hi Everyone :)

I was just wondering if you all exercise as well as being on the slimming world plan? Or have you found that the plan just works on its own? I am thinking about starting SW next week as I want to try and lose two stone before June. Do you think that this will be possible?

Many Thanks

Hi Jenny,

I excersise now - but I didnt when I started - I couldn't 4 stone ago!!! I now walk my children to school, do a yoga class and a pilates class once a week and try to do at least 1 other day in the gym. There are lots of people in my SW class though that do not do any exercise at all and they still loose.

Hi! I exercise regularly. A typical week for me would be:

Monday- 6 mile run+core work
Tuesday- 4/5 mile run+arm weights
Thursday- 5 mile run+core work
Saturday- 3 mile run+10 mins on exercise cycle+weights

Losing 2 stone by June is very realistic. Good luck!

I walk quite a lot. And then when I can (I go through phases of working out) I do Wii Fit, Just Dance game on the Wii, My Fitness Coach, running/CaniX, and swimming when it's warmer :) I think the key is to find something you really like doing so it doesn't feel too much like hard work.xx

I get up at 6am and run 6 miles before getting all the kids ready for school! I go to work and in my lunch break swim 50 lengths of the olympic pool in Swansea- (the lengths are 50m rather than the usual 25!). I get the kids home from school, cook them dinner and when my hubby gets home I hit the gym! 2 hours of cardiovascular stuff then an hour on the weights! Do you think I'm doing too much?!?! (OK that was all a big fat lie!! I haven't got kids and I do a bit of walking which includes hills as much as I can- probably about 3 times a week!!! haha! Thought it would be fun to get people panicking!!)XXX

I actually think I exercise too much, walk to and from my 40 hour a week job, gym as many times as I can manage though usually 2 - 3 times a week, kick boxing training twice a week and now thanks to the fitness channel on Sky (282) I have about 4 different workouts I can do when I'm feeling the urge to do something! I exercise so much that my joints creak and crunch, I've had to see a sports therapist about my knees, had a week off with rotator cuff tendonitus (shoulder injury) and now my hips are giving me grief. It might seem extreme but exercise makes me feel good about my body an like I'm actually doing something to shift the last few pounds.

I dont do very much tbh...I just dont like exercise, I work a lot juggling 3 different jobs coz im a student and I just dont want to spend my spare time sweating!! On my day off I go to a class at the gym with one of my friends (I just pay £5 each time), but thats only one serious work out a week...try to take patients out for walks if the weather permits. I'm sure when I get closer to goal I may have to work out more but i'll deal with that when I get to it!! x

I walk every day for at least half an hour, if I don't fit it in in one go I do 2 or 3 shorter walks.
I started off by just walking around the block and then built it up and now really enjoy it.

I get up at 6am and run 6 miles before getting all the kids ready for school! I go to work and in my lunch break swim 50 lengths of the olympic pool in Swansea- (the lengths are 50m rather than the usual 25!). I get the kids home from school, cook them dinner and when my hubby gets home I hit the gym! 2 hours of cardiovascular stuff then an hour on the weights! Do you think I'm doing too much?!?! (OK that was all a big fat lie!! I haven't got kids and I do a bit of walking which includes hills as much as I can- probably about 3 times a week!!! haha! Thought it would be fun to get people panicking!!)XXX
OMG lol my mouth hit the deck there, :eek: I was starting to worry about you! Ha ha good one.

I do alot of swimming and it does help my weight loss but I lose not exercising aswell. If you want to exercise find something you like and it wont be such a chore.

I'm just walking at the moment with the dog, two half hour walks (hubbie does the morning one) and a long walk on a Sat. Hoping to get back to swimming though

I don't do any structured exercise either. I have an active job (retail manager) and our store is on 3 floors with the stock room on the second floor and toilet on the third! So I'm on my feet and running up and down stairs for 9 hours, 5 days a week! And twice a week we get stock deliveries so it's up and down the stairs at least 15 times with heavy boxes. I remember at Christmas my highest exercise accomplishment was 67 times up and down the stairs! :eek:

Last edited:
I pole dance, I'm also currently taking burlesque classes once a week, and plan to incorporate this into my pole work. I go on the wii occasionally, I should do more, since I have 2 wii fit games, 2 ea active games, 2 fitness coach games & just dance, so one for every day of the week lol I hate conventional exercise, aerobic workouts and the like, which is why pole work is my choice, it's an oll over cardiovascualr and tonig workout, without actually seeming like it.

A bit unrelated but I thought id throw it in here, I saw a leading physio in the field of my disability today. He was really good etc but he said the most interesting thing to me. It has been proven from case study after case study that 30minutes of brisk walking is actually better for you than a gym work out. Food for thought....free too :p x

I do abs exercises 3 times a week and 3 times a week wii fit it seems to be working. I am sure you will do well, also remember to keep a measuring diary ;)

My typical week, varying due to work, is:

Sunday - Ice skating
Monday - Karate
Tuesday - 4km swim
Wednesday - Karate
Thursday - Karate
Friday - 4km swim / Ice skating

i get up at 6 every morning and swim either 1/2 - 1 mile a day front crawl, started off slowly but now able to do laps without stopping much

feels great but would not want to do anymore at the minute - thats enough for now!

Our body optimise book explains how when starting for your 1st week just write what you already do.

Ie - walk the kids to school - 10 mins

and then build from there. TBH i dont really do any exercise atm. I wrote down my 'walking to the bus' etc my 1 week. Then second week i went for a short walk and now i spend my hours lunch break wandering around town. When the weather gets a bit nicer i will start walking to work (40mins) and then when i get comfortable with that walk home again. I dont like the idea of gyms - i just like exercise that i dont really have to take time out to do. Like walking to work (id have to get there somehow!)

Back