Do you notice the cold more now you weigh less??

sanicholl

Silver Member
A friend of mine (who has lost a lot of weight) asked me yesterday if I noticed the cold more now that I have lost weight and as I have I wondered if anyone else did.

I also now hate it that I need to wear big coats and jumpers which hide the fact that I have lost weight lol!

I'm not sure that I do. I've always noticed the cold - and more so now I'm trying not to put the heating on too much due to the cost. I do the jumper, fleece, extra pair of socks, blanket on the sofa thing first but do have the heating on if I'm still cold after that!
I wish I could say my fat made me warmer but it didn't!!

Bless Hun, I have to admit that my best nights in are the ones involving a pair of thick socks, a roaring fire, a duvet on the sofa with a hot chocolate! Unfortunately that doesn't say much about my life does it!!! I know what you mean about heating being expensive, I have Oil Fired Central Heating as there is no main line gas in the part of NI I live in and I am so stingy with putting it on.

I'm like Jaylou - I feel the cold easily. It wasn't therefore, wise of me to move to one of the coldest places I've ever known! Brrr!

I'm weird with temperatures. I do feel cold easily but then again, I get hot easily too - the two don't get along ;)

Having said that, a girl I know who did LL and lsot a stack of weight said she felt worse in the cold. I guess it's natural to?

Any though big coats and sweaters hide our new shapes, it's a great excuse to buy cuter coats etc ;) xxx

yep, im flipping freezing, the extra fat i had on my body before kept me nice and warm lol! i ended up in bed with a pair of gloves on yesterday afternoon i was that cold!

yep, im flipping freezing, the extra fat i had on my body before kept me nice and warm lol! i ended up in bed with a pair of gloves on yesterday afternoon i was that cold!

Jeez it was cold yesterday wasn't it? I went to bed with my dressing gown and PJs on. My OH must think his dreams came true meeting sexy old me!!!

I'm like Jaylou - I feel the cold easily. It wasn't therefore, wise of me to move to one of the coldest places I've ever known! Brrr!

Where do you live now Sticky??

Yes I do feel the cold more now. I used to call my size 8 sister nesh for always wearing jumpers and vests in the winter. But now I've bought my first pair of vests since I was at school. I need to keep my kidneys warm :cool:

I find my hands, feet and back are always cold just lately.

Jeez it was cold yesterday wasn't it? I went to bed with my dressing gown and PJs on. My OH must think his dreams came true meeting sexy old me!!!

Where do you live now Sticky??

West Cumbria, not far from Keswick. And where I work is up over fells and backs up to the Irish Sea, so it's windy all the time and coupled with the rain it's often rotten. But those lakes need to be kept full somehow lol xx

I feel the cold massively now. My bed room attire is currently jammies, heavy cable knit cardie ( warmer than my dressing gown) and a pair of socks. My OH is thrilled :rolleyes: :D

I feel the cold massively now. My bed room attire is currently jammies, heavy cable knit cardie ( warmer than my dressing gown) and a pair of socks. My OH is thrilled :rolleyes: :D

I know what you mean, I used to say to my OH that when I lost weight I would be some sort of sex kitten!! Hardly, more wooly mammoth!!:D

Im absolutely freezing, got the heating on, jumper and vest, trackie bottoms, socks and a faux fur throw over on and I'm still freezing. I'm also on my second hot drink since getting in 2 and a half hours ago. I hate being cold or too hot. Thinking of putting my gloves on in a minute to keep my hands warm

I don't miss my padding but I am not looking forward to winter proper. No ice on the car yet but It takes nearly a whole journey to warm the thing up. I had to pretend I wan't cold on Saturday so my daughter would take my coat at the fireworks display - that was some damn fine acting even if I say so myself!

Im freezing all the time too!!! My office has just sorted out the heating as I was always complaining of the cold and now its toasty warm there, but at home Im wrapped up like an eskimo!
Thankfully I have a heated waterbed, so thats lovely to get into at night!

I am ALWAYS cold since loosing weight, even in the summer there were times i would be wearing my jumper when every one else was soaking up what little sun we did have this year.

My Oh takes the mick, and thinks its bizzarr, and im a bit like sticky, i get hot so quick and i can't stand it, so i'm constantly complaining.

i go to bed in triple layers, then about 3am i wake up all stressed and hot, Oh says why dont you wear less layers, but then i'd be cold when i wake up! .. then after ripping all my layers off at 3am, i get up for the loo about 5:30 when Oh gets up for shower and get dressed again haha. x

Yes, Yes, Yes I do.....

I always used to be so hot blooded in my younger days, but I feel the cold terribly now, especially my hands and feet, brrrrr...

Back