Do You Still Go To Class if You Know You've Gained??

bobbedazzler

As I posted in another thread, I've had quite a bad weekend syn-wise and tomorrow is weigh in. Unfortunately also tomorrow is our work dinner out (in the afternoon) and I'll only have finished eating about an hour before weigh in so all that food (4 course jobbie) will be sat in my tummy waiting to be weighed along with me!

Also, if I go to class then I'll have to cancel brithday drinks straight from work with my friend (although we'll both be driving so it'll be more along the lines of a birthday gab).

So, just wondering, do you still go to class even though you know you're in line for a gain? Even if it may be a 'false' gain?

I really don't know what to do!

Jo x

I do tent to stay if I gained, but might not stay tonight. I know I will stay the same or have a gain as it's star week and I am constipated (sorry).

Know my C will say 'do you know where you have gone wrong this week and can I do anything to help?' and I dont want to say it's due to my monthlys lol.

I do tent to stay if I gained, but might not stay tonight. I know I will stay the same or have a gain as it's star week and I am constipated (sorry).

Know my C will say 'do you know where you have gone wrong this week and can I do anything to help?' and I dont want to say it's due to my monthlys lol.

Aww bless you! i always feel like a kangaroo at that time of the month carry around like ten extra stone, but look like a mother whale ready to drop...... personally i wouldn't go..... id use my cat had to go to the vets excuse (its a good general all round excuse)perfect for any occasion lol

There isn't really another class round here that I could go to other than Wednesday and I'm at the footie that night (practically straight from work). Hhhhmm I may just have to cancel my friend and go to class even though I know I'll weigh more than I should because of the mahooosive works dinner I'll just have consumed! Hey ho! x

I;d still go, just to find out how much (if at all) you've gained...

Why not ring your friend and say that'll meet her a bit later, go to class and get weighed and then go out with your friend?

I always go to WI, even if it's been a bad week, unless I am away and can't attend. I know from experience, when I did SW previously. I didn't attend when I had a bad week, thinking I would make up the next week, and then it was 2 missed classes, then I fell right off! So I go, good, bad or mediocre!
Don't worry too much about a gain. If you do, it will soon be gone. But do go!
If it's any help, two of the ladies from our group had a huge Christmas lunch on the day of our last WI. One lost, and one STS.
Good luck!

I always go even if I'm expecting a gain. It's the only way for me to get back to it without worrying if I would have gained IF I'd gone to WI

Thanks ladies, think I'll go to class and meet my friend later on, it means going waaay out of my way for class then back again to meet said friend, but I think if I don't go, I may just drift off track!!

Plus, I'm sure with party season upon us, I won't be the only one with a gain and I'm sure my SWC has seen it all before.

Thanks for your replies.

Jo x

I am certain i have gained this week. Its totally my own fault cos i wandered off plan over the weekend. Not very badly but sufficiently so that the scales are registering a couple of pounds heavier than last week.

I have been in an emotional war with myself as to whether or not i can face weigh in tomorrow night. I know if i don't go then i may end up back to square one until after xmas at the earliest.

However, the devil on my shoulder keeps muttering "what harm can 2 more weeks do in the grand scheme of things?" :eek:

Its bad and i am trying to get a grip, but i am ashamed of myself in that i only seem to have managed 2 full weeks before falling off the wagon for a short while. :confused:

If you suspect you've gained then going to class is even more important than normal. By not going you set yourself up for the slippery slope to failure.

My weigh in is at 7pm tonight and I know I have been far from a saint!! If I have stayed the same then I am lucky but the more realistic option is that I have put on.

I know if I go and see that I have put on I will be even more motivated than normal.

Got to take the rough with the smooth!!

. . .

If you speak to your consultant beforehand she won't say anything in group if you don't want her to. I have known occasions in our class where the consultant has said something like "we've had a chat about this" without telling us all what the problem is.

Still go as its too easy to let one week fall into another ( been there and got the t shirt before lol )
Tricky that you'll have a tummy full of xmas dinner but the loss next week will be amazing and you'll feel great for xmas.
If you don't go this week though make sure you don't get sidetracked til new year.

Have a fab meal and best of luck on the scales

Claire
x

If you speak to your consultant beforehand she won't say anything in group if you don't want her to. I have known occasions in our class where the consultant has said something like "we've had a chat about this" without telling us all what the problem is.

Luckly I lost 1lb so didnt have to mention the dreded star week :D

I go every week regardless of the week I've had and I agree with the other posters, it's even more important to go if you think you have had a gain. It puts it into perspective and it's normally not as bad as you expect.

However, the devil on my shoulder keeps muttering "what harm can 2 more weeks do in the grand scheme of things?" :eek:

Tell that devil 2 weeks can equal half a stone :p

I've had a rotten couple of weeks really and I've gained and lost without truly sticking to the plan. I knew I'd gain one week but last week lost half a pound (don't know how) and I expected a gain. I expect a gain tonight and will go to group to see the damage (or not).

It's always best to go, it's not a waste of money and your consultant may not be able to help but going to group means you are staying in control.

OK, decision made, I'm definitely going tonight! I'll just not eat a mountain of food this afternoon to hopefully limit the damage!

If I go tonight and I've gained (which I'm 100% sure I will have) then at least I'm addressing the issue (plus I want the new mag which I believe is out this week).

Jo x

I know I've gained this week - I seem to be yo yoing recently...but I'll go to class tomorrow, get weighed, can't stop cos we're going to a concert but at least I'm keeping an eye on things, even if those things are going in the wrong direction!
Do I want to go to WI? No.
Will I? Yes.

Back