Do you take any vitamins or supplements??

I use to get bad throats all the time and what i do is as soon as i feel it coming on take dissolvable asprins and gargle on them for a couple of days and that should clear it away.

Also recently i have been having a hot glass of water with 1tsp of manuka honey in and that seems to make a big difference and helps loads, you could add lemon juice to it to. You can get manuka honey from aldi for £3.99 dont get it from anywhere else as its really exspensive, in morrisons its £10.99 or just try normal honey.

You could try taking vitamins i always have the following every day anyway vit c, vit b, vit d, zinc, multi vit, glucosimine sulphate and omega 3.

I use to get bad throats all the time and what i do is as soon as i feel it coming on take dissolvable asprins and gargle on them for a couple of days and that should clear it away.

Also recently i have been having a hot glass of water with 1tsp of manuka honey in and that seems to make a big difference and helps loads, you could add lemon juice to it to. You can get manuka honey from aldi for £3.99 dont get it from anywhere else as its really exspensive, in morrisons its £10.99 or just try normal honey.

You could try taking vitamins i always have the following every day anyway vit c, vit b, vit d, zinc, multi vit, glucosimine sulphate and omega 3.

Great thanks Craig !!!
Will give it a go :)

Whenever I feel a cold coming on I immediately start a course of Echinaforce, which is echinacea tincture in a bottle. You mix the drops with water. It's available from health food stores and some supermarkets. I find it really works for me.Eat plenty of oranges and other citrus fruit. A daily multivitamin can't do any harm.

I take a multivit that's designed for women trying for a baby so you might not want that lol ;) A normal multivit should do you though - I have to say that my skin and hair have never looked better since taking my vitamins and I haven't had a single cold yet this winter!

Hi missy im trying for a baby too i want to loose 2 stone hopefully will loose a stone before and the other stone in first trimester and then hopefully only have a small gain throughout pregnancy il try those vitamins x

Hi missy im trying for a baby too i want to loose 2 stone hopefully will loose a stone before and the other stone in first trimester and then hopefully only have a small gain throughout pregnancy il try those vitamins x

Good luck kitkat! I've got another 4.5 stone to lose sadly as we have not been able to conceive so far and are waiting for fertility treatment :( There are loads of different brands of vits out there so have a read up! x

Ah good luck hun my friend tried for years she has poly ovaries she was about to go for ivf then found out she pregnant she has one year old rwun girls now x keep in touch would be good to encorage and support each others weight losd where u from hun x

Ah good luck hun my friend tried for years she has poly ovaries she was about to go for ivf then found out she pregnant she has one year old rwun girls now x keep in touch would be good to encorage and support each others weight losd where u from hun x

You can find me in the TTC section here mostly - follow the link in my signature. Hope to see you there, there's lots of us there who all support each other! Just don't wanna get this thread too far off topic ;) x

Since from when i can remember i was always getting a cold and a bad throat untill this year. This year since october everyday i have been having half a lemon squeezed into boiling water and a teaspoon of honey and drinking it hot. So far despite the kiddies getting a cold and throats i have escaped it apart from a cold sore on my lips. Craig above mentioned gargling with dissolvable asprin which is another good one when you get a sore throat, i was told to that by my gp x
I am also taking a multivitamin and vitamin d but will be changing that to pregnancy vitamins and vitamin d when i get my confirmation on wednesday x

If you're having a good varied diet, you shouldn't need a multi vitamin but taking one isn't going to do any harm. Echinacia certainly helps boost the immune system but one thing I would wholeheartedly recommend is Aloe Vera juice!
I went to see a nutritionalist a couple of months ago (ongoing mouth ulcer issue since chemotherapy) and taking 15ml twice a day in conjunction with stopping my mouthwash has worked wonders.
It doesn't taste the best but it's only 15ml and for me, the benefit certainly outweigh the seconds it takes to swish it around & swallow.

Back