• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Serial re - starters, do you struggle?

Hi all,
I've started to do SW again, but from home as I just don't like the group dynamic. However, after many start/stops over the years, I find it very hard to lose any weight! It doesn't come off in great chunks and I need to be 100% to lose one pound.....!!

Just wondering if anyone else found this, or if my metabolism is just rubbish

Hoping this group will be my motivation

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
S: 18st2.8lb C: 14st9.8lb G: 11st11.8lb BMI: 31.3 Loss: 3st7lb(19.23%)
I come from a serial dieting background too :) I've tried Atkins, Dukan, WW, Low carb (but not Atkins), Pills, Soup diets, and countless others that I can't even rem the names of...

The way I look at it though, is that every plan has come with learnings.. I've learned loads about my body, what works and what doesn't and interestingly, I had the exact same opinion as you.. that unless I eat nothing, like being on shake diets, I can't lose anything..

SW though, was a massive revelation.. it just works, like magic or something and i'm eating more than I've ever eaten in my life..

For me, I don't eat Pasta or bread because I know they don't work for me, personally. I also limit fruit as it has too much sugar for me and I can't get my head around the idea that it can be all that good for you in unlimited amounts.

I still eat potatoes, which is amazing though.. because everything tells you not to eat potatoes! :) I actually like that there are rules telling you to have your HEA/B's as it gives such a great balance.. and the fact that nothing is off limits is so good for my mind.

One of the things I do is to keep my journal and then analyse it - last week my losses were lower and I went back and noticed that i'd missed my HEB for 3-4 days ...

It's the same with SP.. At the start, I tried doing SP for most of the week, but through experimentation that cutting bread out altogether had the same results.

Best of luck.. :)