doctor

wantstobealou~ser

been to the doctors and been told the tablets are doing absolutely nothing for me and i doing it myself due to the lack of fat and cals in diet, now obviously this isnt a bad thing because whether it the tablets or me the weight is still coming off, but the doctor has said that this might as well be my last packet of tablets because i don't need them....

thing is i do need them, maybe not physically but mentally i use them as a bit of a crutch and a deterrant to eating the stuff i don't eat now. not sure i can do it with willpower alone and scared that if he takes the tablets off me i might slip into the old habit of this won't hurt and that won't hurt :confused::(:confused::(:confused:

Hello,

I had this same problem whilst on xenical, thing is, if they dont let you have any there isnt much you can do :( But if you stick to what your doing now then you will be fine :)

I understand how it feels to not be given anymore, quite unsettling but maybe this is all a positive thing :D

Good luck anyway xx

Stay strong hun....the tablet is only a crotch to be quite honest.............its there to teach us and re-educate us foodwise so as your on the right track keep up the good work with the weight loss and I am positive you will be ok xxxx

you could always buy them from the chemist hun - that's what i'm going to do if the doc wont give me any more.

i'm just like you - i see them as a detterrant - the thought of an accident has stopped me from eating so many naughties ;).

tell the doctor that you really feel you need them !!

Stay strong hun....the tablet is only a crotch to be quite honest.............

Crotch??!!! You must be on a different variety of xenical to me??!!!:eek::eek:

My nurse said to me a couple of months ago that the amount of weight I've lost is not just down to xenical, but my diet and exercise is the main reason my weight is coming off in numbers, but like you and others, I need the tablets there just in case I am out for a meal and I don't know exactly how it's been cooked, or if I lose willpower for a little while. I still take a tablet with every meal.

I would ask the doctor if he can still prescribe the tablets to you, tell him that you are not ready to come off them yet, if you don't feel 100% confident that you can carry on with your good ways without them.

Good luck and keep up your good work.

ha ha Passiflora......I honestly think that the tablets make us more aware of fats ect.....its just a re-education programme and I believe that after a time as we will all have to come off them that by then we know the good foods and bad foods!! The diet is the main reason we are losing weight and it gives us chance to mentally and physically realise what we are doing is right :)
Believe me I don't wanna work out for this amount of hours everyday again...so it won't have chance in going back on lol :):)

just sit and explain to your doctor exactly what you have said to us!! I feel exactly the same as you, i am scared to come off them as i know that i can get away with eating anything if that makes any sense, where as with the xenical your afraid to because of mr tango!! I know the day will come for us all, but maybe you just need a bit longer on the tablets to get your head around things!!

I dont understand- Is 19lb not a good enough weight loss to stay on xenical?
What do they expect you to lose on them? My doc just said if they werent working after 3 months it wouldnt be worth taking them but he didnt specify a figure.

after my first month i lost around 17lbs and she let me continue with them, and so far so good, but i feel the same-without them i feel like i could cheat, but taking them i know i can't eat junk because of mr tango!

but also its helped to me make better food choices, but i think i would like to keep taking them for a good few more months before im confident without them x

I dont understand- Is 19lb not a good enough weight loss to stay on xenical?
What do they expect you to lose on them? My doc just said if they werent working after 3 months it wouldnt be worth taking them but he didnt specify a figure.

they not wanting to take me off because i not losing enough, it is because looking at my food diaries he doesnt think i need them to lose the weight because i don't eat much fat at all anyway he thinks i am doing it alone and that i can continue doing it on my own, we have come to an agreement that i will try a month without the tablets and see how much i lose and if i struggle can have them straight back so when this perscription finished i going it alone for a month

i can hardly believe this when you are doing so well.:eek:

i thought if you lost 5% of your body weight at least in three months you'd get kept on them?

i've really not been doing all that geat recently. still excercising and watching what i'm eating to an extent, but i'm not as enthused as i initially was, really need to get myself together as i'm back at the docs at the end of the month and want kept on them.

i not getting taken off them because i not doing well i getting taken off them because the doctor feels i would be better off doing it on my own so going to give it a try and see how i get on

You could buy some Alli, same ingredient in as xenical.

hun...if you read the gumph that comes in the Xenical packet it explains the length of time you have to be on them and what percentage of weight they want you to drop......I underlined all that as my Dr was funny about it after my 1st month..........
the info says :::: your Dr will discontinue the treatment with Xenical after 12 weeks if you have not lost at least 5% of your body weight as measured at the start of your treatment with Xenical

point this out to your DR

stay strong xxxxxxxx

hmmm...you do know that when you eat fat the xenical takes away a third of the fat, so you don't digest it... that isn't a crutch...

Ali, isn't the full dose.

every gp giving out xenical has protocol to give the tablets out, you have to loose 10% of your body weight in 6 months, but they do look at your weight losses too.

A low fat diet and exercise is the key to weight loss, the xenical assists that, by *averagely taking off an extra lb or two in addition to a low fat diet and exercise.

when I say a crutch...what I mean its there to help you until you hit your target weight or BMI.....that you have to train yourself in what foods you can eat forever and the fact that you need to burn off what foods you intake also........you will not be on Xenical for the rest of your life so yes a crutch to help you on your way !!
Alli is a 60mg dose I was on that for a month before starting Xenical

hun...if you read the gumph that comes in the Xenical packet it explains the length of time you have to be on them and what percentage of weight they want you to drop......I underlined all that as my Dr was funny about it after my 1st month..........
the info says :::: your Dr will discontinue the treatment with Xenical after 12 weeks if you have not lost at least 5% of your body weight as measured at the start of your treatment with Xenical

point this out to your DR

stay strong xxxxxxxx

the doctor knows that i have lost more than 10% of body weight in less than 3 months that has never been the issue, but because i eat very little fat at all he says the fats i am getting in i need and that the tablets may make me ill over time, apparently a lot of people find the low fat harder to get to grips with but because i seen other benefits to health to not eating as much high fat food such as a vast improvement in ibs and less sluggishness i would rather eat less fat even without the concern of tango man

another reason is that it has been interfering with my thyroixine leves quite a bit and doctor wants to raise thyroxine levels quite a bit over the next few month but whilst i am taking xenical it very unlikely i will get a balance but has raising thyroxine will jump start my metabolism again it will more than likely have the same benefits as staying on xenical providing i stay to same diet and exercise too

i am more open to it now and in day 2 of no tablets as i not had prescription renewed and i go to see her next month if i start struggling so will see how it goes, but the bloo given me a head start and made me determined to do it with or without the tablets so hope i still welcome here just because i like it and dont want to go anywhere else lol

you'd better not disappear from the forum hun cos you're an inspiration to us all :D

i have changed my thyroxine to bed time and have to say i feel better than i have in years :)

i know losing the weight will have helped me a lot but i think changing the pills has helped more.

i'm sure you will keep up the good work hun so do keep us up to date with what you are up to and how skinny you are getting :flirt2:

Back