Doctors

bo_lady

Well I am going to the Doctors tonight as my gallstones have been much worse since starting this diet! So need to find out if it is related and if he can do anything so I can stay on the diet.

I am in a catch 22 situation really I need to lose weight for the operation not to be a risk but I cant do it if everyday i am struggling!!!

Any1 got any advice or experiences?

I dont want to come off the diet it is only week 1 and I have just got into it and do not want to be putting weight back on.

:cry:

Hi Bo, I am no expert but I do have gallstones and have noticed no worsening from being on the diet.... I think I read somewhere that there is a link between VLCD and gallstones, but not sure what the link is....
The fact is, lowfat diets definitely reduce the problems caused by gall stones and this is a low fat diet so I am not sure what the flare up maybe? Maybe it is a fare up that was going to happen anyway... obviosuly if you ar eawiaitng surgery, they are problematic, as my doc has no plans to treat mine just yet...
Make sure the doc knows exactly what the CD entails before he encourages you to come off it.... Their is info on the camebridge site for docs that could maybe be copied off?

My eldest daughter is having surgery today to remove her gall bladder due to gall stones: she has done CD before and was hoping to do it again to lose weight for her holiday in September.

I'd be interested in any responses to this thread as I don't even know if she'll be allowed to do CD after she's recovered. Anyone have any info for bo and myself?

Ok will print tat off to take with me.
Mine are quite large and b4 I was diagnosed got attacks atleast 3 times a week and ended up in hosptial fainting and stuff from the pain!! so i am very glad to get them removed!!!
I do take tablets which have helped up until now but I am taking one in the morn as advised and wen it hurts in the evening one then too, which helps so I am hoping the doc will think that is ok to carry on doing!!

Thanks,
Anna.

Well just got back and the doc didnt even know the diet!!
So anyway basically asked him if the tablets I take to ease the pain were ok to take 2 a day of cos that stops the pain they said yeh so there we go i can stay yay!!!!!!

Back