Green Days does anyone do SW online ????thinking of signing up

superslim1972

Hi my names alison & i was wondering if any of you are doing SW online because i tryed my local class twice now & the members there don't seem to take it seriously to me it just like they just go for coffee :argh:& thoes members just spoil it for thoes that want to lose weight ..... abit about me i'm a veggie so i'm a Green day girl i'm the big 40 ive got 2 boys & ive been married for 13 years to gary
while i'm here is it still the same & is the 2013 pack just the same as the green pack from about 2 years ago ??

Hi Alison,

I don't do SW online I go to group. 1st thing to mention, SW now promote the Extra Easy plan. The Red and Green are still in the books but to be honest my consultant has glossed completely over it. I know others on here follow them religiously and I suspect this is either because they have been members for a while and/or prefer the veggie/meat option and like having the choice of 2 healthy extras with red and green that you don't get with Extra Easy.

2nd thing I wanted to say, I agree with you. I'm sorry to say I have found no real support at group. Whilst it's great to congratulate everyone's weight loss, this takes the whole night and I've learnt nothing. Everything I've learnt has been from reading the books and looking at this site, or getting feedback from the others here. Therefore, I've decided this week will be my last week at group and I'm going it alone with the support I get here.

For you, I think you should be ok with the books you have, I don't believe the green plan has changed, but if you want to subscribe to SW online for the most up to date info, particularly regarding syn values and the Green or EE plan you could go for the minimum subscription and see how you get on? Should you decide to try with what you have there is lots of help and support here along the way. There is a sticky on here about EE, if you want to find out more.

I'm sorry I can't be more help but I hope that points you someway in the right direction. Kind regards :)

If you are vegetarian then don't do extra easy - you gain nothing from doing it and in fact you lose out so just stick with the green plan. It is true that consultants tend to focus on EE for newbies but for a vegetarian this should not be the case even if you were joining a group. Do the green plan as you have the additional healthy extras to help ensure you get a healthy balanced diet.

The green plan has changed since you last did it as well. Healthy extra amounts have changed, some things that will be in your book are no longer healthy extras and new ones have been added too. There is also now just as much focus on having a third superfree fruit and veg on the green and red plans as there is on extra easy.

If you decide not to join online I would get along to a group even if only for one week to get the most up-to-date information you can after all why start off your journey at a disadvantage. Joining online would give you the same information with the additional benefit of syns online and being able to work out syns yourself on the calculator, the recipe archive, getting updates about any changes and the access to the features library which includes a vast array of articles on healthy eating, slimming strategies and exercising. I suppose you need to think about what features you will use and what support you are going to need to help you get to your target

Good luck with whatever you decide xx

I do SW online as there are no groups within an hour of me. I have to say I do like it. The few weeks I have stayed the same or gained they give you loads of great info and I always feel very motivated after it! And when I lose there is lovely tips and a big congratulations. It has a graph to see your weight go down and tbh its my favorite feature, if I feel like having a binge or giving up or if I think "oh i've only lost half a pound" I can go and see how far I have come!

The only downside for me is that there is no interaction with anyone. All the info and motivation is in forms of articles, like a magazine. If you have any questions you can email them, but they can sometimes take a few days to get back to you and I would like a more social side to my weight loss too. But, I do have minimins to fill that post, so I wouldnt let it put me off totally!

Thanks pinky :) :) I thought they had a coffee room where you could chat to people ??

Sent from my Arc using MiniMins

No sw do not have their own forum or chat room. They used to but closed it down because too much inaccurate info was being given out xx

I think I've made up my mind then i'm going to just follow my old books & stick to minimins & facebook xxx

Sent from my Arc using MiniMins

There is lots of great advice on Minimins!

I did SW on line for the first 3 months to get me on the right track (never been a class type person). The subscription has just run out, so thought try without for a bit. If I get stuck / start piling the weight back on, I will rejoin. I am hoping that with help from the forums it will be ok.

Good luck :cross:

Back