Does anyone have the recipe for SW Weetabix cake?

HayleyPRC

A few years ago when I last did SW I had a recipe for Weetabix cake and it was fab....I've lost the receipe and wondered if anyone had it?

Thanks

Hayley

Hi,
If you can logon to the SW website, the weetabix cake recipe and loads of other recipes are on there in the members area.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply but I am not going to class at the moment (see my "can I join" post) so am unable to access the site....just wondered if anyone had it to hand..?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]If you're a fan of fruity malt loaf, you'll love this terrific recipe for Weetabix cake. Packed with juicy sultanas and mixed spices, who would have thought breakfast cereal could taste so good? And at only 3½ Syns per slice, it makes a wonderful snack or pudding![/FONT]

Serves: 12
Syns per serving:
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3½ Syns on Green, Original and Extra Easy [/FONT][/FONT]

subtitle_ingredients.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2 Weetabix [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]113g/4oz sultanas [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]142ml/5floz skimmed milk [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]142ml 5floz water [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]113g/4oz self-raising flour[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 teaspoon mixed spice [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]14g/½ oz artificial sweetener (optional) [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1 egg, beaten [/FONT][/FONT]

clear.gif
subtitle_method.gif
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC, 350ºF or Gas Mark 4 [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2. Put the Weetabix and sultanas in a bowl. Pour the milk and water over the top and leave to soak up all the liquid. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]3. Stir in the flour, mixed spice, sweetener and beaten egg. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]4. Spoon the mixture into a 454g (1lb) lined/non-stick loaf tin and bake in the preheated oven for 1¼ hours until cooked. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]5. Cool on a wire rack before serving then cut into 12 slices. [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
You can alter this basic recipe to make all sorts of cakes so go on experiment and enjoy !!!!!!!

[/FONT]

I tried this at taster night last week and it is A-MA-ZING!!!

Question though, as it's only me here who will eat it (OH will turn his nose up!) How long does it keep? Or can you freeze it?

Fingers crossed someone knows!!!

Emma xXx

I just adapted a chocolate weetabix cake recipe into a chocolate banana cake and it was by far the best low syn cake I have had since being on slimming world. I am almost tempted to have another slice, but will keep the rest in an container and make it last.

I will post the recipe with a picture later when the little guy is asleep. :D

And...forgive me for raising this confusion...but is the thing we can take 6 syns off for the whole cake (HE-B)?

I don't like coffee at all and am a bit scared about putting coffee in it...but will believe you that you can't taste it and give it a try!

Back