Does anyone know where you can buy water flavouring that keeps you in ketosis?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can buy water flavouring that keeps you in ketosis?

Appreciate your time in helping me out!

Thanks,
julz

Dont touch them - you are not allowed them whilst on LT whether they keep you in ketosis or not.

LT does not allow anything other than water. Try sparkling water for a change. Also, if you don't like water, try sipping it rather than glugging it down. This helped me get used to it.

You can get the LighterLife ones off eBay, which, I reckon you could get away with, seeing as LighterLife is also TFR, I used to love them when I did LighterLife. Not had them on LT though.

Hannah

I'd agree with the idea of having sparkling water.
I get one from Lidl which comes from Loningen and apart from being cheap (26p for 1.5 ltr) it is very sparkling and has a more biting taste than others that I've tried.

Never tried any flavouring in water but hardly likely to put you out of Ketosis.

People say that mouthwash, breath spray and a dash of Curry powder in your soup puts you out of Ketosis but a friend who is a bit of a food anorak tells me that a man would need 60g of carbs per day to come out.

Take care
John

60g!!!!!!!!!!! thats a heck of a lot!

I got water flavourings when I was on Cambridge diet, and they kept me in ketosis. It is strange that lipotrim do not offer something similar. Would be a nice addition I think! :)

I expect one of the reasons behind the 'plain water only' is the concept of retraining your brain through your taste buds. When you eventually eat again after LT TFR & H2O you will enjoy the simply tastes and not crave the stronger flavours again!

It would be very tempting to have some flavour to the water - especially when its all you can drink for weeks on end. Its quite boring even sparkling water, adding ice etc. I have even tried putting peppermint tea and green tea bags into the water and drinking them cold - not very appealing lol.

I have tried that Strawberry Volvic like Jenny and boy could I taste the flavour - it was yummy where as before LT I could not even detect any flavour lol.

I'd agree with the idea of having sparkling water.
I get one from Lidl which comes from Loningen and apart from being cheap (26p for 1.5 ltr) it is very sparkling and has a more biting taste than others that I've tried.

Never tried any flavouring in water but hardly likely to put you out of Ketosis.

People say that mouthwash, breath spray and a dash of Curry powder in your soup puts you out of Ketosis but a friend who is a bit of a food anorak tells me that a man would need 60g of carbs per day to come out.

Take care
John

60g!!!!!!!!!!! thats a heck of a lot!

Its actually not that much and some will still be in ketosis on that amount.
I think an average intake of carbs on a normal, no dieting diet is something like 200g!
Now that is a lot

Cambridge diet do water flavouring!!

I'm with Theresa on this. We have chosen to do Lipotrim because we're unhappy with how we look or feel. That is due to our unhealthy relationship with food and drink. We HAVE to retrain our brains to be less dependant on flavours and the feeling of pleasure that food brings. If we start messing about with the rules it's the thin end of the wedge. Come on!! We can do this thing properly! Even if you lose weight on a diet with loads of choice and (presumably) artificial flavours, if you're not retrained there's surely more chance of going back to old habits.

Sorry - I sound like a grumpy old man. You must do what's right for you of course, but just wanted to put in my twopenneth. I just don't want you to spoil your chances of maintenance later.

Good luck

Jon
xx

hey - Cambridge water flavours will keep you in ketosis.....but, you already know that !!! :eek:

Debz x

Last edited:
Back