Does exercise help you lose more?

Tanya c

Hi all, just a query. for those of you who exercise, do you find it helps? on average how much do you lose a week when exercising?

Tanya

I had a good lost at the start of my doing weight watchers - 35lb in just under 3 months. But then it ground to a halt for two weeks. I decided to start running - having never run before - and did the C25K programme. I still aim to run 3 times a week although that is harder with the days getting shorter. It got my weightloss going again and just over 3 months later I'm at a 58lb weight loss.

That's really fab! So what were your average losses per week

WillowFae said:
I had a good lost at the start of my doing weight watchers - 35lb in just under 3 months. But then it ground to a halt for two weeks. I decided to start running - having never run before - and did the C25K programme. I still aim to run 3 times a week although that is harder with the days getting shorter. It got my weightloss going again and just over 3 months later I'm at a 58lb weight loss.

That's amazing! Well done!x

I find some weeks it helps (I lost 4lbs in 1 week when I exercised for at least 30 minutes every day) but then other weeks it halts my losses BUT I lose inches those weeks. Swings and roundabouts

Well, two weeks ago I walked 35 miles and lost 1lb, last week I only walked 12 miles and still lost 1lb however... Although I lost the same amount of weight, I absolutely feel better for exercising and today I managed to get back into my skinny jeans, 7 weeks ago I couldn't anywhere near fasten them and I've 'only' lost 12.5lbs so I defo give the big thumbs up to exercise.

I have 1st 13lbs to get to target and I intend to continue exercising all the way!

Wow u all seem to be having great results! think im gonna start exercising ! x

scoobysue said:
Have done 30 day shred and although itis brutal to get through it definetly does the job.

I tried dining that.. Ended up with shin splints...flipping jumping jacks x

scoobysue said:
I had to quit it as I have arthritis n my back and jumping jacks played havoc with. Am looking into Tony Horton now>>>>

I just do 30 mins of running on treadmill now.. Didn't do it for ages but now back in the swing of things...even planning to take running gear away with me on my holiday... Hoping it will help keep a weigh gain minimum... :) x

Oh this is good wee find for me I have been kinda awol off plan for more than a week now.

I have joined the gym & I am going to start c25k tomorrow.

Will take my measurements aswell so that I can see the difference in lbs & inches aswell.

Dxxx

I can do pretty much all the strength moves but any impact type things ..jumping jacks etc finishes me off. i have had years of really heavy strength training but the last couple of years has really put paid to all that.

I have 2 bulging discs and osteoarthritis and when mines bad (sciatica etc) I struggle to get out of bed let alone exercise so on those days I try and go for a very gentle and slow walk n when it's not so bad I do light weights, low impact aerobics, toning, the cross trainer and I've just started swimming. I'm trying to slowly get back into exercise. I also have endometriosis so when that's bad I can't do anything but curl up on the sofa :(

I have shin sprints on my left leg also and finally they've calmed down after years but they were so painful so I know how you feel.

After all that I do feel better when I exercise lol

I'm trying to slowly get back into exercise. I also have endometriosis so when that's bad I can't do anything but curl up on the sofa :(

Ohh, I know this feeling well! Endo makes it so hard to exercise. I had a lap two years ago and have been on the pill with very few breaks since and it's been a lot better although obviously there are still bad days and sometimes when I'm running I can feel where they lasered it off. Weird!

Well done for exercising with endometriosis though!

Back