Does it matter if I use all my points??

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by LucyLou, 27 February 2008 Social URL.

1. LucyLou

LucyLou Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st11.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(2.93%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I went to my meeting last night and my leader said that she reccommends to save points every day and not use them for nights out etc because you will have bigger losses every week?

Does it matter if I use up all my points every day? I have my plan done out for the day and its grand but I still have 3 points left and know that this evening while watching the tele Ill want something with my tea?

Do you loose less if you eat all your points every day?

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ThinLizzy

ThinLizzy Wants to be a yummy mummy

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi

I always was told and thought that the losses were better if you DO eat all the points, because then you metabolism doesnt slow down and you are burning off those kcals effectively and all is good....I have always eaten ALL the points......If I were you I'd have something to nibble on tonight and use the points...better to have that and be satisfied, than to not and feel deprived...I am sure you are supposed to eat em all anyway hun, go for it!!

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Ive pretty much always used my points too. I dont necessarily use the full allowance every day but I do like to have some 'banked' for my treat night or if Im going out.

If youre peckish later I wouldnt worry about using them up, better that than starving yourself then pigging out later

5. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

Hmm, that's really strange, because I was always told to make sure all the points were used (and I'm pretty sure that's what it says in the handbooks - or at least it did in the older ones). At the end of the day, it's up to you, but I would have thought that cutting out points now would mean that as you drop points later on it will be less effective and therefore harder to get the last bit of weight off.

6. rowanx2

rowanx2 Losing the baby fat

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    The Get into a Swimsuit Diet
    have to say that doesnt sound right at all.
    your ww leader is implementing her own way of doing things and isnt following the ww line at all.
    that might be fine for her to do, but she's being paid to get people to follow the set rules.

7. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

yeah i was told you need to use them all,but you are allowed to save 4 each dayx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.