Does it matter if we use our syns for three rubbish things and not fruit??

Shangri-la

Today, I had two weightwatchers lemon slices (85 cals each) which is about 10 syns? and a caramel freddo which is five syns.

Is this ok or not?. People often say that you should eat fruit for snacks but I only force myself to have it for breakfast as I hate it. I had a real sweet tooth so having three snacks as above over the day helps me to manage.

That said, when I put my total intake of food today into mfp it came up as only 1,100 for the day. Is this ok?

Usually, it is 1200 cals or 1300. I understand slimming world is not about cals but I still input my food into mfp to have a rough idea of what I am eating.

All advice greatly appreciated.x

Syns are there to be used on whatever you fancy so don't worry :) if you want some chocolate or some cake and its within your allowance, go for it! I have chocolate everyday for my syns lol

Of course, you can use your syns on healthier foods such as nuts, avocado, cereal bars etc but it's up to you whatever you choose to have x

Syns are there to be used on whatever you fancy so don't worry :) if you want some chocolate or some cake and its within your allowance, go for it! I have chocolate everyday for my syns lol

Of course, you can use your syns on healthier foods such as nuts, avocado, cereal bars etc but it's up to you whatever you choose to have x

Thanks for your reply. That is fantastic news. I find it really difficult not to binge as it is so the fact that I can use my syns on anything I want really makes the plan more manageable again for me.x

My syns are spent on fun size choccy bars in the evening, everyday I save them and don't use them in meals and then at the end of the day my hubby gets me them of the 'syn shelf' which is high up, enjoy them, without them I would never have got this far.

Syns are there for you to enjoy - so enjoy them! As long as you don't go over 15 a day, then it matters not what you spend them on, as using them on something 'healthy' or some chocolate is exactly the same calorie value. i tend to have a nice treat every other day if I've been good - a slice of cake, some chocolate etc. Keeps me on track and gives me something to look forward to :)

You can use them on whatever you please, i use mine on a hot chocolate with some light cream... usually a choc bar and the rest on sauces. Enjoy them!! xx

Use your syns and enjoy them. I use all 15 of mine everyday. Whether its on a chocolate bar, cake or a coffee from Starbucks etc. Its allowing me to feel in control and realising I can follow this once I'm at target.

Back