Does it work?

Well, I'm on day 4 and 5.8lbs down, you be the judge :)

Disclaimer: I gained a LOT over Christmas so I'm currently losing water weight but if you can lose water on a plan then you can lose fat too ;-)

xxx

I think it's definitely worth giving it a go, I expect I won't lose much at all next week and/or will stay the same after huge losses this week, so I'm going to give it a good 4 weeks I think before I decide if it's for me or not, however the health benefits described in the BBC Horizon documentary "Eat, Fast and Live Longer" makes it seem worthwhile even if we don't lose much :)

Yes it does work. I have followed it since Sept and have lost 21lbs but have also gained and lost 6lbs on holiday and the same again over Xmas. It is so easy to do and at the beginning down days can be a challenge but they get much easier. There is an added bonus that your body changes shape way quicker than what the weight loss equates to. When I first started I decided to give it a go for a day as I thought that existing on 500 calories was a no no but here I am and its just a way of eating now. So I would say give it a go.

Yes it does work & like Daisymae I have lost 21lbs since August and that also includes holiday periods when (2) where I gained a few pounds. However the difference with this lifestyle ..and it should be thought of as a lifestyle is that I was able to get right back on track after my hols & now after Xmas straight away, whereas with past 'diets' I have put it off until regaining everything lost & sometimes put more on besides. Its VERY flexible, totally sustainable and something I really do see as my future life style..forever..
The health benefits have been amazing BP wise, joint inflammation wise!
However one area of warning..this is not a quick fix weight loss route..after the initial water weight losses it is a slow and gentle loss route. The calorie maths are that if you keep to the 500-2000 ratio and dependent on age, exercise level and strictness etc you are set to lose between 1 & 1.5lbs per week. This however suits me just fine!

Ditto what everyone else has said. I've been doing it since 1st October and lost almost 21lbs. And in those 3 months, I haven't 'broke' the diet, or even felt the need to (and that's a world record for me lol). It really is the best!

Back