Does this look ok?

summergurl

♥3 Years Maintaining♥
Just wondered what you all thought of my menu today! I've started to up my calories and I guess i'm looking for reassurance from you cc pros as i'm fairly new to it I guess.

Thursday 1st December

B- bitesize shredded wheat 174
s.s milk 75
*advent chocolate 42

L- pasta (100g cooked) 158
Chicken (4oz) 169
Lettuce 10
Cherry toms 10
Red onion 5
Elf mayo 24
(guna mix all that together so a pasta salad bowl)
Salsa on top 42
Yog 48

*choc n oat bar 104
*options hot choc 38

D- mrb 215
s.chilli cassava snacks 76
Chicken & veg cuppasoup 78

*2x nectarines 50

Total = 1,318

I've started to up my calories and so i'm on 1,300 a day for 4days and 1,750 for 3 days (weekends) which gives me an average of 1,492 calories per day.

Which, working out my bmr (1599.2) x 1.375 (lightly active, 1-3days per week - i run 3x per week) gives me a calorie defecit of around 700 calories. This should help me lose atleast 1lbs per week right?

In theory yes. 3500 calorie deficit a week should give a 1lb loss.

Everyone is different though and sometimes you will probably lose more and sometimes less.

I am maintaining now and I still lose 1-2lbs some weeks and gain other weeks.

It always averages out in the end

Are you using My Fitness Pal ?

No, I see it pointless. I have a diary on here where I track all the cals and I just dont have time to input them into another site! :giggle:

MFP also tracks fat, sugar etc too and when you get down nearer your goal weight how much fat, sugar and carbs may start to make a difference so I found it easier to start getting used to tracking properly early on.

I'm now maintaining but regardless of calories if I eat over my allowance of sugar over the period of the week I gain weight. I'm ok if I go over everything else by a little bit but not sugar. When I was heavier the amount of sugar I ate made no difference, only calories but now it does matter

Sorry to hijack the thread but can you tell me how to display the sugar content on MFP? Mine just shows cals, fat, carbs and protein.
Thanks

At the top of MFP click on 'settings' and then 'diary settings' :)

goodthingsinsmallpackages said:
MFP also tracks fat, sugar etc too and when you get down nearer your goal weight how much fat, sugar and carbs may start to make a difference so I found it easier to start getting used to tracking properly early on.

I'm now maintaining but regardless of calories if I eat over my allowance of sugar over the period of the week I gain weight. I'm ok if I go over everything else by a little bit but not sugar. When I was heavier the amount of sugar I ate made no difference, only calories but now it does matter

How do you stay under sugar? I don't think I ever have and I don't eat hardly anything processed. Most/all of my sugar comes from veg

As long as I only stick to one or two portions of fruit a day I'm fine and it doesn't matter to my body about veg.

I'm on maintenance so my sugar allowance may be higher than yours. Mine is 31g a day.

I don't really eat high sugar fruits such as grapes or pineapple very often. I eat more lower sugar fruits such as berries and satsumas

Some days I go over my sugar, some days under. I work on a weekly average now I'm in maintenance and my weekly average is rarely over.

Back