Donating my old clothes to charity

In April I couldn't fit in any of my clothes. I was overweight, plain and simple. So I decided to do something positive about it and joined Slimming World.

To be honest, I have done my fair share of diets, WW, Rosemary Conley and calorie counting. Lost weight with them all and then put it all back on again at some point in the future. (Usually due to comfort eating)

This time something has clicked and I feel like this is now a way of life and something I could keep with me forever, no matter what weight I get to.

So, I've gone from not fitting into anything, to getting into a few things, to now getting into a lot of clothes and finding quite a bit is now getting too big. So yesterday I had a good old sort out and decided to put some clothes into a charity bag to be collected.

My husband then turned to me and said, "I hope you're not getting rid of everything as you'll probably put it all back on again!!". I admit I have been guilty of this in the past, but nevertheless, I still wanted to throttle him.

Anyone else experienced anything similar?

You have two options - ignore him or kill him. The former is probably less hassle in the long run!

When you say "put some clothes into a charity bag to be collected" - are you sure that this is for a proper charity? There are all sorts of stories about bags being left on the doorstep for you to fill up, thinking that they are going to a charity, when in fact they are going to be sold for profit.

Have a look at this link
CharityBags - www.charitybags.org.uk - information on misleading charity clothing collections, and how to deal with them
and you will see what I mean.

Hope you don't mind my mentioning this, but it would be a shame if your nice clothes didn't benefit the people you intended.

Yes it was for Sense, a national charity for deafblind people.

I know what you mean though, we must get a different bag week it's either air ambulance or BHF or Salvation Army and the newest one is the Fire Brigade.

To be honest I only put out what I really don't want anymore and what is hassle to take to the charity shop in terms of time and petrol.

As for the OH the patio is looking tempting by the minute......

Back