Donna's fighting depression and weight diary!

Monday 18 March 2013
B: Skipped breakfast cos of doctors/falling over/hospital
L: HM Tomato & Chilli Soup, WW Petit Pain = 181 cals
tom and chilli soup.jpg
D
: Spaghetti Bolognese & Cheese = 440 cals
2013-03-18 19.07.06.jpg

Snacks:
4x hot water & lemon
3x Glasses water
Choc buttons = 265
Onion Ring Crisps = 371
= 1,257/ 1,290
Exercise Alert:
None due to sore shins

Last edited:
Yay look who it is!! Just seen that you were about on minks' diary and wondered where u were hiding so hunted u down :) and yay here u are!!

JO!!! Hooray - so happy you are still here (well don't mean that in a I'm glad you are still dieting sense) - will pop over to your diary

Calorie counting and finding it so much eaiser than SW - no free food!!!

Not sure about that H - needed something to take my mind off the pain in my shins, did I tell you that GP has signed me off for another month? says I am not anywhere near ready

I liked this post - not the pain bit but the bit about GP I knew you were not ready - and please try to take the time to let yourself heal - try not to enter stressful situations - I know so easy for me to say - keep taking the meds and lets hope they kick in better for you
did you get an increased dose or a change in the meds at all -

I knew what u meant. I'm not gunna be going here for a looong time lol!

Definately glad that your gp is being sensible and not rushing u back. i work in mental health and too often see gp's who don't understand enough and do more damage than good x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Spaghetti Bolognese, Serves 4, 199 Cals per portion
2013-03-18 19.07.06.jpg
Tesco Healthy Living - Extra Lean Mince (Less Than 5% Fat), 350 g
Dolmio - Bolognase Sauce - Low Fat, 250 g
Onions - Raw, 1 cup, chopped
Carrots - Raw, 1 cup, chopped
Mushrooms - Raw, 1 cup, pieces or slices
Tesco - Tomato Puree, 100 g
Garlic, 2 Cloves (I.E. 6 g) - Raw, 2 tsp (6g)
Spices - Mixed Dried Herbs, 1 tsp
Lea & Perrins - Worcesteshire Sauce, 3 tsp
Balsamic Vinegar, 1 Tbsp (15ml

Dry fry mince and onion - wash under hot tap, drain and return to pain
Add all other ingredients and bring to boil, reduce to minimal heat and leave for about 40 mins stirring from time to time
I like to leave mine in the fridge for 24 hours before eating

Last edited:
Yum love a good bolognese so comforting, def agree its better a day later but I can never wait that long!!! Impatience!!

Um I have quorn based sauce in the freezer think I will be having spag bol tomorrow :):)

have a good day
hope you are feeling good
H xx

I'm good thanks Gem - up and out early this morning

Took Noah to nursery via the glassbank - nearly killed me lifting him up and down to smash all 30 glass jars/bottles (havent been for a while and Paul had about 6 bottles of Peroni over the weekend) then went to toning tables - from there to Tesco, home - made Paul's packed lunch...just sat down for a cuppa hot water and lemon and trying to think what to have for lunch...run out of soup so need to make some up (and for Mum as well)

Shins not so painful after a nights sleep thank goodness

Got loads to do today, straightened up all the bedrooms and bathrooms this morning, taken living room curtains down for wash

Got to do:-
Ironing
Dust/hoover living room
wash curtains and rehang
Clean kitchen
Hoover downstairs
Collect Noah from school

Also trying my first hungry bikers recipe...Spanish Chicken tonight

Tuesday 19 March 2013
B: Slimfast & Banana = 336 cals
banana.pngslimfast.jpg
L
: 2x Ryvita & Potato Salad, Cherry Bakewell Scancake & Muller Light Turkish Delight = 317 cals
turkish delight.png
D
: Hairy Bikers Spanish Chicken = 370 cals
Spanish-style-chicken-bake-edit.jpg
Baked Apples & Peach Yogurt = 240 cals
2013-03-19 19.35.32.jpg
Snacks:
4x hot water & lemon
3x Glasses water
= 1,263/ 2,109 (819 Cals exercise)

Exercise Alert: 819 Cals burnt/earnt
70 mins toning tables = 328 Cals
exerciselady.jpg

80 minutes walking = 419cals
walking.jpg

Last edited:
That's brilliant especially in this weather !! Let me know what the dinner comes out like I might get the bits and cook it next week

spanish chicken looks lovely I am wondering if I can substitute quorn fillets but I dont think it would work as no juices
might chuck some mushrooms in to make the juices - but I will cook it for DH at some stage
well done on the walking :)

Back