Don't know where to start!!

Tiaratara

Hello all!!,

Thought I'd say hello as I'm brand spanking new to this site and like many not new to dieting unfortunately!

My problems started about 6 years ago when I got with my boyfriend and progressively it has got worse as about 3 years we moved in together and I was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid!! A combination of over indulging and being comfortable has led to a steady weight gain of about 3 stone. In May this year I decided to start a proper diet so joined a Rosemary Conley class. The results were good and within 6 weeks or so I had lost a stone but then I stopped as I was sooooo bored with the food and the exercise sessions in class were so repetitive!! I could tell you the sequence of exercises and even the order of the songs!! So I quit and went on my own for a few months but I could just not get motivated!!

Unfortunately since then I have been on an all inclusive holiday and put on practically what I lost in the space of 2 weeks!! :(

So now I've taken the plunge and joined my local slimming world class! I have to say the thought of getting weighed makes me usually stay on track!!

However I have to say it all seems very complicated and also like there is that much choice and freedom I really don't know where to start with planning my meals!! Does anyone have any slimming world meal plans or any recipes that might help kickstart me!!?

My target is to lose just over 2 stone in as little time as possible but doing it the healthy way of course!!

Thanks for reading and hope to hear from u all soon!!

Tara

hi tiaratara,

your story sounds so similar to mine its uncanny......new to site, diagnosed as hypothyroid, putting on weight, settling down with b/f, being content, stopping smoking, joining rosemary conley and losing weight, then holidays and putting weight on...... and now its my third week on the slimming world diet - lost 4.5 first week and 1.5 the second week.
This week has been very hard and may not even lose anything and getting disappointed as my friend lost 3lb without trying!!!

Hi and welcome. Have a good look at the SW section and suggest you start a diary thread and/or a food diary thread for support

Irene xx

Hi bb_31,

Yeah it sounds like we are definately in the same boat!! Are you finding your medication ok for hypothyroidism? Are you on levothyroxine? I am but keep having to change the doses cos they cant seem to get the right balance! Do you find your always pretty tired as well with no energy??

It's annoying when your friends who hardly try lose weight one week and usually me/you have stuck 100% and either STS or put on!!!

How much weight are you wanting to lose? Do you have a target date and how much have you lost so far?

Hi bb_31,

Yeah it sounds like we are definately in the same boat!! Are you finding your medication ok for hypothyroidism? Are you on levothyroxine? I am but keep having to change the doses cos they cant seem to get the right balance! Do you find your always pretty tired as well with no energy??

It's annoying when your friends who hardly try lose weight one week and usually me/you have stuck 100% and either STS or put on!!!

How much weight are you wanting to lose? Do you have a target date and how much have you lost so far?

i weighed in my first week at 12st12lb and i have only agreed so far to a 10% weight loss as i know from past experience that it is so hard to lose weight with hypothyroidism. Im on levothyroxine also at 125mcg daily but to be honest this has no affect on my tiredness at all. I have lost 6lb in total over two weeks and I get weighed again on tuesday but dreading it - hoping to lose more than a pound but dont know if i will. I havent been able to do any exercise yet as i was hoping that i could lose some weight without the exercise at first and then bring this element into the diet regime at a much later date.
How are u finding the diet?:argh: I am not much of a cook so i am struggling a bit!

Best of luck!

Welcome tara and bb_31,

Once you get used to SW you won't have a problem with it being confusing but it might be at the start. Try the SW forum on this site - there are loads of recipe ideas, look at people's food diaries. There are also some specimen week plans in the literature that you'll have got when you started. If you don't know where to start that's a good place. Then you can start to adjust to your preferences from there.

You can get some really great results from SW and I can honestly say that it has changed my life. It's still relatively early days but I just love it and what it has done for me.

Good luck and keep posting.

Gail x

Back